I’m sad that so many people didn’t enjoy the ending because Barney and Robin didn’t end up together. When Dawson’s Creek ended I was disappointed that she didn’t end up with Dawson but I didn’t write the entire show off because I didn’t get the ending I wanted. In the end I cried because a show I loved and characters I’d followed along with for years were saying goodbye. Same with Felicity, I always knew she’d never end up with Noel and it sucked, hard, but in the end I still loved the show and was sad to say goodbye. Same with Skins and Skins crushed me over and over and over again.
While I’m not surprised, I do find it unfortunate that so many people are saying the entire show was a waste of time because of the finale. So the Swarley episode was a complete waste of your time? Was the Naked Man a waste of your time? Was the Slap Bet a waste of your time also? If so, I am really sad that the entire show was washed away by one episode.
I admit, I didn’t think for the last several years that Ted and Robin would end up together. Well, I had a small hope mostly because it always came back to the two of them and either the writers were just stringing me along or there was something more there. There was also that bet Marshall had with Lily about whether Ted would end up with Robin and that she said he should pay up because clearly Ted and Robin were over food good and Marshall replies with “Not yet.” I think that kind of told us how it would end but even I wasn’t sold on that, obviously, given that Robin turned him down and it appeared her and Barney were on their way to getting back together.
Was the ending perfect? No. I would have fleshed out the mother part more over the last season and I would have done more with Ted and Robin so it didn’t feel so rushed. But in the end it was about Ted’s journey, his friends and his undying love for Robin. He loved her from afar for so many years despite there being little to know hope. He fell in love with the mother and was able to move on and when life didn’t go as planned he found himself still in love with Robin after all those years. It felt right to me and I wish it had felt right to everyone else too. This was a messy journey, such as life, and I enjoyed all the ups and downs.
Well, technically they said She RULES but I’m just gonna go with We rule, as we both do.
So I contacted Rob Thomas (creator of Veronica Mars) about this Fan of the Week thing they had going and I was trying to win for my stepdaughter:
I noticed that this week they hadn’t posted the Fan of the Week, even though I knew we’d lost this week I figured we’d win next week. I was concerned if they didn’t post this week for the winner next week might go to them and then it would be over basically. I wanted to win this before we saw the movie and share it with my stepdaughter.
So at the end of the week I decided I’d try contacting Rob Thomas, because why not? Pretty quickly I got response and it was just awesome:
Idea from Schmutzie.
There is a lot of crap going on in my life lately but I don’t really post about it because it’s depressing. Basically chronic back pain, weight problems, work commute problems, no money and me the only one with a job. So that’s all just kind of a given at this point in my life. I do try to take time to appreciate the little things in my life that make me happy and I’m so glad they are there otherwise I’m not sure what I’d do.
1. A day home with nothing to do but watch fun shows (often shows I’ve seen several times before).
2. One of my cats wanting to actually spend time with me or maybe even cuddle a bit.
3. Homemade nachos.
4. Being snowed in with no responsibilities other than shoveling.
5. Casually doing chores like laundry and cleaning because there is no pressure so it’s kind of fun.
Yeah I’m a bit annoyed that I wanted an apple cider from my beloved Starbucks and got hot apple juice. Why is this even an option? Why is there no apple cider?!? I live in New England, how can you not offer apple cider?
Here is there Caramel Apple Spice:
I did order this without the caramel sauce and without the whip cream. To be fair I was in a haze after my chiropractor appointment and just wanted something to warm me up. Sadly the hot apple juice was really disappointing.
Apparently this is something I “should have known” as people who troll the Starbucks page on Facebook told me. I guess it didn’t say Apple Cider and on the website it clearly states it’s not apple cider, so that was my bad. I still claim it’s shit, having this mock apple cider drink instead of actual apple cider.
But that’s life, you don’t always get what you want. If Starbucks ever listened to me they’d still have the salt for the salted caramel mocha latte and they’d have the option for almond syrup for drinks. Alas, life goes on.
Thanks Adam for the idea, I like to process stuff and this is a great way to process the last year.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Spent time with my stepdaughter. Lost weight (I’ve done it before but not significantly in a VERY long time). I’m sure there was something else but I can’t think of it.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made one, if I did I don’t remember what it was.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, in fact it happened right after this photography session with my friend Ice I’ve known since kindergarten. I think we can all agree they should have named him after me.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Uhm, nope, I don’t think so.
5. What countries did you visit?
I did not leave the US, unfortunately but I watched so much British television that I mentally went to England several times.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More patience, I’m always working on having more patience. Learning to accept people as they are and what they can give me. Letting go of the things I can’t change.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I met my stepdaughter, for real.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Meeting my stepdaughter. Taking control of my health (losing weight, going to the gym more and starting to see a Chiropractor about my back).
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to resolve my lower back pain.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Mostly just my lower back pain and I’m still in pain, right this moment. I suffer daily and it runs my whole life.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my Motorola Razr M, so glad I got this instead of the iPhone everyone else buys into. See: Apple is Evil.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A few people, no point in dredging it up and going into detail. However the tea baggers of this country regularly drive me insane and make me depressed.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To the house, food, gas and bills, never quite enough to pay them all regularly.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Veronica Mars movie going into production!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
I’d like to say Royals but Blurred Lines is probably more accurate.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? Happier
- thinner or fatter? The same? Thinner but I have a long way to go.
- richer or poorer? Poorer, very much so.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Worked on repairing relationships but I suppose it’s a 2-way street. I wish I’d spent a bit more time outside in the spring/summer but I always say that but I just love being inside all snuggled up.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing and being hurt/angry.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Home with my little family that I love, they are the best company.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I’m always falling in love with characters on tv, here are a couple I fell in love with this year:
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh hell, that’s like asking me which is my favorite child. My favorite new program however is My Mad Fat Diary. As far as in 2013 I’d have to say Breaking Bad.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t really hate anyone but there are people I gave up trying to care about.
24. What was the best book you read?
It’s a tie between The Spectacular Now and The Fault in Our Stars
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Maybe just that Idris Elba can rap and does it well…and very sexy.
26. What did you want and get?
The Veronica Mars Movie going into production. Of course I also got to meet my awesome stepdaughter.
27. What did you want and not get?
My stepdaughter to visit our house and meet Aurora and Miles. I also wanted my husband to get hired somewhere and that didn’t happen.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Silver Linings Playbook.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
What did I do? Not sure I did much, I think we went out to the awesome Groton for dinner and I turned 35.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My husband getting hired. I’m so sick of how hard he tries to get work and how nobody will give him a chance.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Basic with a mix of quirky.
32. What kept you sane?
My husband, my cats and my friends.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I didn’t have one main crush this year but Jon Stewart did make me a bit hot a few times.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Probably basic ignorance.
35. Who did you miss?
Not as much as I usually do, I was very socially networked this year.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I suppose my friend’s son Cormac.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
That some people are just angry and want to blame everyone else but themselves. You can’t do anything about these kind of people, you just have to walk away and wish them the best. I’ve also working on trying to make the most of what I have and enjoy the good things in my life and learn to love moments more than tangible things (see: I don’t have a tablet but that’s ok, I can cuddle my cat all night and watch a movie with my husband).
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
If you’re having girl problems I feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain’t one