Idea from Schmutzie.
There is a lot of crap going on in my life lately but I don’t really post about it because it’s depressing. Basically chronic back pain, weight problems, work commute problems, no money and me the only one with a job. So that’s all just kind of a given at this point in my life. I do try to take time to appreciate the little things in my life that make me happy and I’m so glad they are there otherwise I’m not sure what I’d do.
1. A day home with nothing to do but watch fun shows (often shows I’ve seen several times before).
2. One of my cats wanting to actually spend time with me or maybe even cuddle a bit.
3. Homemade nachos.
4. Being snowed in with no responsibilities other than shoveling.
5. Casually doing chores like laundry and cleaning because there is no pressure so it’s kind of fun.
Yeah I’m a bit annoyed that I wanted an apple cider from my beloved Starbucks and got hot apple juice. Why is this even an option? Why is there no apple cider?!? I live in New England, how can you not offer apple cider?
Here is there Caramel Apple Spice:
I did order this without the caramel sauce and without the whip cream. To be fair I was in a haze after my chiropractor appointment and just wanted something to warm me up. Sadly the hot apple juice was really disappointing.
Apparently this is something I “should have known” as people who troll the Starbucks page on Facebook told me. I guess it didn’t say Apple Cider and on the website it clearly states it’s not apple cider, so that was my bad. I still claim it’s shit, having this mock apple cider drink instead of actual apple cider.
But that’s life, you don’t always get what you want. If Starbucks ever listened to me they’d still have the salt for the salted caramel mocha latte and they’d have the option for almond syrup for drinks. Alas, life goes on.
Thanks Adam for the idea, I like to process stuff and this is a great way to process the last year.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Spent time with my stepdaughter. Lost weight (I’ve done it before but not significantly in a VERY long time). I’m sure there was something else but I can’t think of it.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made one, if I did I don’t remember what it was.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, in fact it happened right after this photography session with my friend Ice I’ve known since kindergarten. I think we can all agree they should have named him after me.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Uhm, nope, I don’t think so.
5. What countries did you visit?
I did not leave the US, unfortunately but I watched so much British television that I mentally went to England several times.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More patience, I’m always working on having more patience. Learning to accept people as they are and what they can give me. Letting go of the things I can’t change.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I met my stepdaughter, for real.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Meeting my stepdaughter. Taking control of my health (losing weight, going to the gym more and starting to see a Chiropractor about my back).
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to resolve my lower back pain.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Mostly just my lower back pain and I’m still in pain, right this moment. I suffer daily and it runs my whole life.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my Motorola Razr M, so glad I got this instead of the iPhone everyone else buys into. See: Apple is Evil.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A few people, no point in dredging it up and going into detail. However the tea baggers of this country regularly drive me insane and make me depressed.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To the house, food, gas and bills, never quite enough to pay them all regularly.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Veronica Mars movie going into production!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
I’d like to say Royals but Blurred Lines is probably more accurate.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? Happier
- thinner or fatter? The same? Thinner but I have a long way to go.
- richer or poorer? Poorer, very much so.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Worked on repairing relationships but I suppose it’s a 2-way street. I wish I’d spent a bit more time outside in the spring/summer but I always say that but I just love being inside all snuggled up.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing and being hurt/angry.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Home with my little family that I love, they are the best company.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I’m always falling in love with characters on tv, here are a couple I fell in love with this year:
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh hell, that’s like asking me which is my favorite child. My favorite new program however is My Mad Fat Diary. As far as in 2013 I’d have to say Breaking Bad.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t really hate anyone but there are people I gave up trying to care about.
24. What was the best book you read?
It’s a tie between The Spectacular Now and The Fault in Our Stars
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Maybe just that Idris Elba can rap and does it well…and very sexy.
26. What did you want and get?
The Veronica Mars Movie going into production. Of course I also got to meet my awesome stepdaughter.
27. What did you want and not get?
My stepdaughter to visit our house and meet Aurora and Miles. I also wanted my husband to get hired somewhere and that didn’t happen.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Silver Linings Playbook.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
What did I do? Not sure I did much, I think we went out to the awesome Groton for dinner and I turned 35.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My husband getting hired. I’m so sick of how hard he tries to get work and how nobody will give him a chance.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Basic with a mix of quirky.
32. What kept you sane?
My husband, my cats and my friends.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I didn’t have one main crush this year but Jon Stewart did make me a bit hot a few times.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Probably basic ignorance.
35. Who did you miss?
Not as much as I usually do, I was very socially networked this year.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I suppose my friend’s son Cormac.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
That some people are just angry and want to blame everyone else but themselves. You can’t do anything about these kind of people, you just have to walk away and wish them the best. I’ve also working on trying to make the most of what I have and enjoy the good things in my life and learn to love moments more than tangible things (see: I don’t have a tablet but that’s ok, I can cuddle my cat all night and watch a movie with my husband).
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
If you’re having girl problems I feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain’t one
So I was pretty pleased when I saw this but I’m actually 5 miles less than 2012, however I had 12 more workouts in 2013. I think this probably means I did more gym and less like hiking and day outs, probably because of my back. I big month in 2012 was March and 2013 was July, probably because of the heatwave because it was a way to having air conditioning during the day.
2012 Sunday was also my best day and the seasons were pretty much the same.
Distance 2012 was 42044897 while the workouts was 7300026 and the donuts burned was 26672809 (which is a BIG improvement for this year).
THIS is why I track my workouts, so I can see how I did month to month and even compare the years.
I love honey mustard sauce, particularly with chicken. Often at a restaurant I will order chicken tenders with honey mustard dipping sauce or I’ll get a grilled chicken sandwich with honey mustard sauce (often extra on the side as well). So I looked up recipes and decided this was the easiest/best way to make it so I thought I’d share it.
- 1 part honey
- 1 part spicy brown mustard
- 1 part mayonnaise
- 1 splash vinegar (to thin it)
That’s it, super easy.