Orange is the New Black
Why would I check out a show that’s about a woman’s prison? A few reasons:
- I love Laura Prepon, have since That 70s Show
- The idea of the show is intense and kind of twisted, so of course I’m on board.
- It was created by the same people as Weeds and I enjoyed Weeds, at least for a while.
- The show is different than any other show I’ve ever seen and I love something totally different.
- The characters are all over the place and you never know what they’ll do next, that’s pure gold in tv land.
- It’s on Netflix and I automatically like things better when they are on Netflix because I can watch it whenever I feel like it.
The show is clever, funny, dark and honest. I can admit that many times I’ve watched this and thought I’m so glad I’m not in prison. And my husband was quick to tell me I wouldn’t last 10 minutes there, which is probably true. But seriously, if you like dark comedies and you like shows that dig really dip then you have to try this show.