A Day of Bullets
4. Bullet your whole day.
I’m going to attempt to bullet my Saturday, which was a day I shot a wedding.
- Wakeup with massive allergies, curse the world.
- Watch some crappy tv, possibly old Beverly Hills 90210 episodes while Manly Man complains that we watch that every Saturday morning.
- Throw on clothes and grab my shit then head out to meet Chav for coffee at a new coffee place.
- Order an iced latte and pray it’s 1/2 decent.
- Cry of joy that’s it’s one of the best iced lattes you’ve had in a long time.
- Chav shows up and orders a latte and a fruit cup, feel guilty you got an egg and cheese on focacia bread.
- Eat sandwich anyway.
- Head home to prepare for wedding.
- Dress up like a professional, make sure boobs are hidden away and head out with my trusty GPS.
- Stop at Finagle a Bagle because I forgot to each lunch.
- Meet Jenni my 2nd shooter and prepare for a long day.
- Groom shows up, take pictures with him waiting for bride.
- Take a LOT of pictures of the groom because bride shows up late.
- Check my settings.
- Ceremony starts a 1/2 hour late, goes smoothly.
- Hurry the bridal party to get pictures done so they can go drink, no drinks for me =(
- Check my settings again.
- Sit down but quickly regret it because that’s when I realize how much my feet and back hurt.
- Reception starts, there are like 7 toasts, really? Each toast is longer than the last one and some are in another language.
- Disc full, switch to a new disc very quickly.
- Really sick of fighting other guests with cameras to get the right shots. Cameras should be banned from everything other than the dance floor.
- Wait, are my settings right?
- It’s a really small room and I have to keep getting up on a chair to get shots of the dance floor.
- Ask what time it is — it’s 10:00??? How did that happen? Rush the bride to throw her bouquet so we can crawl out of there.
- Drive home wishing a coffee place was open so I could get a cold caffienated rush.
- Crawl into bed after midnight, did I just run a marathon?