So I have yet to come out and talk about this but I was diagnosed with this like a year ago. I learned only recently that my dad has this and never even told me, my parents are so informative. I know I have to deal with this and start changing the way I do things but just thinking about it overwhelms me. I’ve gotten books out of the library but never get the energy to read them.
Hypothyroidism in my life:
- Weight gain – not only does it cause weight gain but it’s nearly impossible to lose weight.
- Fatigue – I’m tired all the time, I don’t know how I’m supposed to get exercise when I am so damn tired.
- Sensitivity to cold – my feet get cold all the time, like ice cold, even when it’s hot out.
- Insomnia – not only does Hypo cause insomnia but the medication you take for it can cause it too, fucking hell.
- Weakness – it’s hard to explain but I just feel weak all the time.
- Hairloss – I don’t think it’s really noticable but this one is really frustrating.
- Constipation – yippie.
- Memory Loss – Such a bizarre thing, I have to keep writing notes and notes of notes to remind me of things.
- Acid Reflux – it gets so bad sometimes it’s seriously painful.
- Inability to concentrate – would figure that all along it was hypo and not ADD.
- Inability to stand on feet for long periods
So I’m on a medication for it, it takes a while for it to get better. I have to keep having my blood taken to see my levels and that it’s working correctly. I know that there is so much more I need to do such as vitamins, cutting out certain foods and getting exercise. Oh and I have to drink more water, I’m lucky if I drink 16oz a day.
I just wanted to share what I’m dealing with right now, there is so much information out there it’s hard to know where to start. I’ve come to a place where I realize that I can’t live this way, it’s miserable, I need to start taking charge.