Don’t Take Twitter Too Seriously

There are a lot of annoyances about social networking that I try to look past.

• People tweeting about nothing, like telling us what they had for breakfast.
  • Constantly updating foursquare because we all need to know you’re at Burger King right now.
  • Being super angry and negative, I have done it from time to time but I try to keep myself in check.

There are probably a bunch of other things but these really irritate me. I’ve unfollowed people because of these things but who cares? It’s twitter. Why do people take this as an affront when someone unfollows you? It’s twitter, it’s not the real world. I’ve been unfollowed many times and I really don’t care. If you don’t like following me, then don’t, easy as that.

No real life arguements should ever result from fucking twitter. It’s a place to just waste time and amuse yourself, not a place where you should have to worry about what you say. If someone unfollows you and it’s that upsetting to you then maybe twitter isn’t where you should be.

I also highly recommend not to have close friends or family on your twitter because nothing good comes from it. Once you add a friend or family you can’t take it back, even if it clearly wasn’t a good idea.

If you find yourself enraged by anything that happened on twitter or on Facebook I suggest that you instead talk to the person, like face to face. Again, just remember, twitter isn’t real life, it’s just a stupid online community.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

1. Grant

February 25, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I just ate a sandwich and now I am filled with rage. I wanted gyoza!

Taking twitter seriously? Pluh! It’s not Formspring, after all.

2. None

February 25, 2011 at 7:17 pm

A friend of mine used to constantly tweet about going to take a shower. I wasn’t sure if it was just a desperate attempt to get wacky “naughty” replies or what, but it was a little annoying. Does anyone really need to announce that? We will live without you for 20+ minutes.
    One day I was irritated and asked if she only took showers on the days she announced it, because it might be gross to count between those tweets if it was a week or more apart. She hasn’t done it since, and I feel kind of bad about it. Kind of. But yeah, I need to not take things so seriously!

March 1, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I think the internet has made so many people, including myself at times, very self-centered.

3. Jen G.

February 28, 2011 at 4:47 am

and that goes for all social networking, blogging, everything. f* it 🙂

4. LeSombre

February 28, 2011 at 1:49 pm

What, you mean people can unfollow me? How dare they! ;-P

(BTW, I’m doing the Ten a Day thing, so I gotta tell you you Rock! Luckily you do.)

March 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm

People can unfollow you? I just assumed you were VIP and people weren’t allowed to unfollow you.