I Bring Out The Worst in People

Manly Man has pointed out numerous times how strange it is that somehow I tend to bring out the worst in people. I have been stalked several times, more times than any average person I know. If you met me in person you’d know I’m not loud or boisterous or someone who tries to make waves. I’m actually quiet for the most part and keep to myself.

I was talking to a fellow piscean who mentioned to me how people have said she tends to bring out the worst in people. Not that people suddenly turn evil but more that the real side of people tends to come out and usually not in the most pleasant of ways.

I don’t know how it is I bring this out in people and I don’t think I will ever know. I’ve been stalked, threatened and harassed by so many people now I’ve lost track. Rarely has anyone ever come to me and told me exactly what their problem is, they just send anonymous letters or emails.

It really is bizarre to me though some have said it’s because I don’t tend to fight back or that I come across as really easy to pick on. It’s like how the bully in school tries to find the weakest person to torture. You’d think this kind of behavior only happens in high school but some people need to bring others down to lift themselves up and they do this their entire lives.

When I was younger this used to make me cry. When I got a little older it just would send me into a tailspin of anxiety. Now I’m just left with a mixture of amusement and bewilderment that people are really willing to put so much effort into trying to hurt my feelings. I’m a much stronger person right now, I can thank all of these people for that.

1. Grant

November 4, 2010 at 1:29 pm

It’s true – I usually have to set fire to squirrels after I read your blog posts. Fecking squirrels – everyone thinks they’re oh, so cute, but they’re just rodents with good PR.

November 4, 2010 at 6:03 pm

You can’t make me stop blogging about squirrels!!

2. Gwen maddison

November 4, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Yeah, when I’m not around you I’m all sunshine and roses. In fact, I never used sarcasm at all before I met you. Or cursed. Or used sexual innuendo. Or anything naughty.

November 4, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Ok, I don’t count you as one of the nutjobs who has stalked me, unless, wait, are you one of them?

3. Pauline

November 5, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Strange. It is possible that you are attracting the wrong sort or maybe you didn’t trust your instincts in the past when they told you someone is..”off”. (I have done this as well)

All you can do is try to be friendly and positive and the good people will come.

As for the stalking, threats or other forms of harrassment, you may want to keep track of these events and consider seeking legal advice if they continue. These are serious charges.

November 5, 2010 at 6:17 pm

I think I’ve always ignored my instincts about friends. I tend to pick friends much more aggressive and less open than me, maybe something about that is intriguing to me. I have a tendency to get pushed around by friends. If only I were still in therapy to try to find out.