Sniff Some Glue

• I’m thinking of taking up stitching, or whatever it is, just so I can make stuff like this.
  • I received 2 phone calls yesterday from friends. Obviously the friends who are not fully aware of my phone phobia but I’m getting better at this. Plus, these 2 friends do not make me anxious, which helps. The fact that so many friends in my past have caused me anxiety by the thought of answering their calls is probably not a good thing.
  • I’m spending almost all of tomorrow in Boston. Boston is one of the best cities ever, I’m sure of it. There is so much history and so much life. I will be taking engagement pictures of my friend, whom I’ve known since Kindergarten and call Ice, all over town. It will be legen – wait for it – dary!
  • I almost feel like I should see the new Robin Hood movie, since you know I was named after the Errol Flynn version. What? That statement totally has validity. But then there is the fact I have a distaste for Russel Crowe.
  • I feel like there should be a Converse day, whenever everyone has to wear them. That would be seriously awesome.

1. Grant

May 14, 2010 at 10:34 am

If somebody hadn’t stitched the heart, there would have been room for a comment about anal sex. Keep that in mind when you embark on your new hobby.

May 14, 2010 at 10:37 am

@Grant: Oh I sure will.

2. Maureen

May 14, 2010 at 10:35 am

I have this friend who lives in Ireland. I don’t talk to her all that often, but back in the day, we had quite a time together. Neither of us is much of a ‘chat on the phone’ kind of person. And, she’s very intermittent when it comes to internet use.

I had a dream about her last night – in the dream, she was gloriously happy because she had decided she was going to leave her common-law husband & because she was in a new relationship where she was being treated with the respect that she deserves. She had discovered a ‘women only’ place on facebook (so that her husband couldn’t see it) and had posted a picture of her kids outside of a pub where she was inside having her first date.

Anyway, I’d love to tell her about it all. But, don’t want to sit & talk on the phone for that long. …And don’t want to send her an email or facebook message because her husband might see it 🙁

I may have to overcome my dislike of phone calls just so I can send her the good feelings for her that the dream had.

May 14, 2010 at 10:38 am

@Maureen: Sometimes we have to do that. With my photography sessions coming up I have to suck it up and talk on the phone but I sure try to get around it.

3. Pauline

May 14, 2010 at 10:44 am

“I almost feel like I should see the new Robin Hood movie, since you know I was named after the Errol Flynn version. What? That statement totally has validity. But then there is the fact I have a distaste for Russel Crowe.”

That movie looks predictable and not too interesting. But maybe it will be good, its hard to tell from the previews. I still like the “Prince of Thieves”, even though many people don’t like Kevin Costner.

May 14, 2010 at 1:21 pm

@Pauline: lol yeah me too. Also Men in Tights.

4. Amanda

May 14, 2010 at 10:45 am

I dislike Russell Crowe as well. Although I probably wouldn’t want to see it even if someone else played Robin

May 14, 2010 at 1:44 pm

@Amanda: i never get how women swoon over him but then i don’t generally like that type of guy.

May 14, 2010 at 11:04 am

I’m totally going to call you all the time now! Heh.

May 14, 2010 at 1:44 pm

@Avitable: fuuuuuuuuuck.

6. metalmom

May 14, 2010 at 11:21 am

I dislike the phone too. A lot of it is the actual ‘picking up the phone and dialing.” Once I get past that, I can relax after a few minutes. I’ve gotten a lot of criticism from family about not getting in touch, but they sure aren’t picking up the phone to call ME! At least my dad and brothers understand that with me, no news is good news.

I love the cross stitch.Something like the one in the picture? You can do that in an hour or so. try it!

Every day is ‘Converse Day’ in my house. That’s all Hubby and Holly wear!

May 14, 2010 at 1:45 pm

@metalmom: I think I may give it a try. Some people make me more anxious on the phone than others. I’m so glad I do little to no phone at work now.

7. Alissa

May 14, 2010 at 12:22 pm

I hate talking on the phone, but for different reasons. I like being able to see people’s expressions. I need skype!

If you stitched something like that, I’d buy it.

May 14, 2010 at 1:45 pm

@Alissa: Yeah I really need a webcam.

8. crystal

May 14, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Yeah, I’m one of those “dialing is the worst part” .people. If someone calls me, I’m fine. But otherwise, I never call anyone.

May 14, 2010 at 1:46 pm

@crystal: I’m pretty much the same way. I think with some people, whom I have anxiety with, it is just a particular thing with them.

9. ed

May 14, 2010 at 4:57 pm

i will put off making phone calls until the last possible second. i don’t even order pizza by phone any more, its all internet baby. i’d rather text message than sit and chat on the phone. i’m not much of a chatter!

May 14, 2010 at 7:47 pm

@ed, I’m sort of the same way. I kind of force myself to make the calls right away but only because I hate it so much and if I wait too long I will stress out about it and never be able to make the call.

ps. hi, nice to see you guys. I’m sure you can tell lately why I’m distancing myself from people online.

10. Gwen

May 14, 2010 at 10:23 pm

So I should call you more often? That’s what you were saying, right?

11. subWOW

May 19, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Love the picture. And your friend is so lucky to have you as photographer. You have a fresh eye for the pictures you took and I love that about your photography. LOL @ Gwen’s comment, AND CONVERSE DAY would be AWESOME!

12. jen

May 23, 2010 at 9:27 am

i have serious phone phobia, it is bad!

May 24, 2010 at 1:13 pm

@jen: i wonder if this phone phobia has only gotten more common with email and twitter…