Because TV is Life

housewilson

• I watch Desperate Housewives. I happened to watch the first episode and haven’t been able to stop since, no matter how much I might want to. I’m not proud.
  • Asexual is sexy. I think it’s because it’s like a challenge.
  • Most of the time watching How I Met Your Mother I forget there is even a mystery mother we have yet to find out who it is. That is until they remind us every once and a while there is this mystery mother than then I get annoyed.
  • At what point, on tv only of course ;), did wine become crack for women of a certain age?
  • We all have ideas of how we want our favorite shows to end. Some might want Dr. House to end up with Cuddy, I think I just want him to walk off into the sunset with Wilson. So there.
  • I think Mtv and Vh1 are together trying to destroy television as we know it, one crappy ass reality show at a time.
  • Most British shows are better than ours, this is fact. They also only keep shows on for a handful of seasons and only have like 6 or 8 episodes a season, which is cruel. Although it’s better than dragging a show on for 10 seasons long after the quality faded.
  • If you aren’t watching Modern Family then I don’t know what to do with you.
  • I haven’t watched ANY Skins in more than a week, which means I’m healing. I think maybe to celebrate I’ll watch an episode today.

1. Alissa

April 26, 2010 at 11:08 am

I’ve been watching housewives since the beginning. I’m less then thrilled with it lately, but I feel guilty since i’ve stuck with it since the beginning!

April 26, 2010 at 11:14 am

@Alissa: Yeah that’s pretty much where I’m at.

2. Pauline

April 26, 2010 at 12:37 pm

“Most British shows are better than ours, this is fact.”

I did enjoy Dr. Who, Jekyll, Black Adder, Monty Python, Mr. Bean and Fawlty Towers, but I think the US and Canada have some great shows too! Its just unfortunate how many horrid reality shows are from North America!

April 26, 2010 at 12:39 pm

@Pauline: Yeah I think lately our reality shows are overshadowing our quality shows, which I can think of like 5 awesomesauce shows off the top of my head.

3. Grant

April 26, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I’ve noticed something similar with Japanese anime as well – they can be well-made and even popular, and yet sometimes they just stop making them. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is one made from a popular series of graphic novels that has spawned all sorts of games and toys, and yet they only made 1 season of the show and just quit. Whereas in America, they’ll drag out anything way past its prime as long as it can keep making money. I’m not sure which system is better.

April 26, 2010 at 2:30 pm

@Grant: I’m not sure either Grant. I do know that House is finishing up it’s 6th season and I’m not ready to let go. Damn America for making me so needy!

4. Tug

April 26, 2010 at 9:00 pm

I’m with you on Housewives, and reality TV just needs to stop. It really pisses me off how these stupidass people are getting rich & ‘famous’ for being idiots.