At Least Three

Saw a good friend on Saturday, a friend from my college years. We’ve both grown up a lot and our lives have changed in so many ways. We’re both shocked that we’re in the adult world and not sure if we belong here. She has a beautiful little boy and she’s one of the best people I know, truly.

It occurred to me. We should all have at least 3 friends (other than our significant other) who it’s just easy to be with, it doesn’t require a lot of work and you can just talk for hours about absolutely anything. We should all have at least 3 friends like that in our lives.

Friends don’t go out of their way to hurt your feelings and you should be able to go for months (maybe even years) without seeing them and just fall right back into place like no time has passed. Friends should get what you are saying without having to always try to explain.

Intimate relationships with guys has never been hard for me, it either works or it doesn’t for the most part. My girlfriends has always been more complicated and taken a lot more work. Every once and a while though I have a moment where it’s just easy and I realize, this is what friendship really is.

Those handful of friends, I would travel the world 10 times over for.

ps. Ask me a question, you don’t have to login to do it either, it can be anonymous.

1. Alissa

March 22, 2010 at 10:34 am

I’ve got me some friends. I wish I had more that I was completely comfortable saying whatever in front of. It’s hard for me to find people I trust…I’m a little weird when I say what’s really on my mind. LOL

March 22, 2010 at 10:39 am

@Alissa: aren’t we all?

2. Grant

March 22, 2010 at 10:49 am

I have none of those. I’ll take three. Bonus points if you can provide them in Asian.

March 23, 2010 at 9:37 am

@Grant: i’m on the hunt now.

3. Pauline

March 23, 2010 at 2:17 pm

I agree with your post! Its difficult to maintain and make new friendships as you get older, but worth the effort! 🙂

March 24, 2010 at 8:14 am

@Pauline: sometimes it doesn’t feel that way but in the end it is totally worth it. i adore my friends.

4. subWOW

March 25, 2010 at 10:20 pm

I agree. But I would be very happy with just one, that lives close by. Is that too much to ask for in life? I think if you live in a country as big as the US, it actually is. *sigh*

Anybody with a good friend, a true friend like that, that lives nearby, is truly blessed.

March 26, 2010 at 8:12 am

@subWOW: and funny thing, i desperately want to move away. i make no sense whatsoever. well if you ever want to move to MA i’ll gladly be one if you like. i think i make a pretty good friend when it’s the right chemistry.