Going Solo

I was listening to a podcast and got an idea for my site. In my 31 years on this planet I’ve learned a few things and I really should share them with my audience (since you are my audience I expect more applause btw).

My tip today is:

If you are on your own for the day, you want to see a movie but have nobody to go with or nobody else wants to see the movie you want to see: go to the movies alone. It’s a little weird initially but it becomes totally liberating.

When I lived in Oklahoma I had no friends, no job and wanted to get out still so one day I went to the movies by myself. Walking in I felt a little weird, like everyone was staring at me but after I sat down I started to feel better.

What I loved about it the most was there was nobody to make me late and miss the previews. There was nobody to interrupt me during the movie by chatting me or getting up to go to the bathroom. It was like watching a movie at home by myself except with a really big screen.

Everyone should go to the movies by themselves at least once in their lifetime

1. LeSombre

January 28, 2010 at 9:02 am

Dudette, I always go to the movies solo. Best experience ever. 😉

2. jen

January 28, 2010 at 9:14 am

I have done it, and it does feel weird at first but you do get used to it, I traveled alone, so much fun! A bit lonely but fun 🙂

3. Jennifer Lynn

January 28, 2010 at 10:29 am

I NEVER miss previews….alone or with others. They are one of the BEST parts:)

4. Alissa

January 28, 2010 at 10:42 am

Great post! Standing ovation! I’m tired of seeing all this “GirlPower” and bestie stuff and people feeling like losers if they don’t have a circle of friends like Sex and the City. What about Strong Independent Female power?!

5. Grant

January 28, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I sometimes go to the movies by myself. I feel odd by myself eating in a fancy restaurant, but since I don’t talk during the movies anyway I think they’re well-suited as a solitary endeavor. The worst part is when somebody else watching the movie alone latches onto me and starts talking.

6. ed

January 28, 2010 at 4:47 pm

i always used to go to the movies by myself. it was great!. course i like going with crystal cause i can make snarky comments during the previews.

7. B

January 31, 2010 at 11:23 am

I go to the movies alone all the time! I refuse to sit around and wait for someone who wants to see the same movie. It’s fun!