What I Love

I got this idea from Bluepaintred and I thought I’d list the things in my life that I love:

• How Manly Man doesn’t even have to try to make me laugh and how he can get me to laugh when it’s the last thing I want to do.
  • That when I cuddle Aurora she squeals and squirms and thrashes but she has never once just attacked my face, which she could if she wanted to. This means love in my book.
  • That Pilot jumps into bed with Manly Man and me every morning.
  • That my best friend (also my SIL) knows the worst of me and the best of me and despite everything always remembers the good.
  • That she so easily gets where I’m coming from even when I don’t and allows me to be a raging bitch when I need to be.
  • That a really good quote can at least briefly brighten my day.
  • That the filtered water at work is free, also free ice.
  • That she and I were able to find a way back to each other, even when I really didn’t think it was possible.
  • That I can tell my mom is always so glad to get a call from me, every single time.
  • That my MIL is like no other mom I’ve ever met in my life and she doesn’t apologize for it.
  • That she can always make me feel a little less insane just by talking to me.
  • That the Starbucks people sometimes offer me extra espresso in my latte.
  • That my BIL will bend over backwards for his friends every single time no questions.
  • That my father wants to so desperately give my brother and I the life he thinks we deserve.
  • That I have so many friends that read what I write and give a crap about what is going on in my life or what I have to say.
  • That my FIL is always trying to become a better version of himself and never stops trying, I admire that.
  • That I have friends that go back forever that even when I don’t see them for a long time I can get together with them like no time has past.
  • That despite all the shit that keeps happening deep down I always know that we’ll make it out to the other side.

1. Grant

October 27, 2009 at 10:52 am

You love too many things. That’s not very artistic of you. You need to stock up on some misery, stat. Fortunately I always have plenty to spare.

October 27, 2009 at 3:22 pm

@Grant, If only it was this easy to think of good things.

2. Barb

October 27, 2009 at 2:00 pm

What a wonderful and positive list — and not just because you mentioned me! šŸ™‚ But it goes both ways. You also make me feel less insane and more like a “real” person, whatever that means. I can’t wait to meet in real life, even if it doesn’t happen for 20 years.

My husband shares that quality with Manly Man. I can be angry at him but he has this ability to make me laugh that it’s hard to stay that way even if I want to!

October 27, 2009 at 3:22 pm

@Barb, I’m glad we can do this for each other :love:

3. submom

October 27, 2009 at 2:03 pm

I KNEW IT! Despite all the quick wit and the sharp tongue, deep down you are a romantic softie. Just like Wilde! A great list of things. You are blessed. Most of us are, if we try hard enough to remember and appreciate.

October 27, 2009 at 3:22 pm

@submom, if you ONLY knew šŸ™‚

4. Josie

October 27, 2009 at 2:20 pm

I think it’s cool that you took time to think about and list the things you love…sounds like you have some really wonderful friends and family.

October 28, 2009 at 10:31 am

@Josie, I do, I forget sometimes.

5. Diane Fit to the Finish

October 27, 2009 at 3:11 pm

You have a lot of relationships in your life. I hope that you will draw on the strength and love of those around you to press forward in meeting your goals.

Take care,
    Diane

October 27, 2009 at 3:25 pm

@Diane Fit to the Finish, I definitely try to remember these kinds of things as much as I can.

6. Jess (Fit Chick in the City)

October 27, 2009 at 6:40 pm

I so should be making a list like this myself. Gotta keep the positive vibes flowing,even when we don’t feel like being positive. Thanks for the reminder to take the time and do this.

October 28, 2009 at 10:31 am

@Jess (Fit Chick in the City), I got the idea from someone else, it’s great to do.