Lazy Trumps Gumption

• I love bullet posts and would do them everyday but I have a strange feeling others don’t love them as much as I do.
  • I don’t know if these petitions mean anything or are worth anything but any way I can help Hugh Laurie I will do my part.
  • My dad keeps suggesting these business ventures to Manly Man and me. He’s got all these inventions. I’d mention them but it just occurred to me what a great post this would make. I wish I was as good at the stick drawings as Avitable is. Right now my dad wants me to be a business manager for my brother’s videographer business. I kind of feel bad for my dad, my brother and I have absolutely NO gumption for our own lives.
  • Everytime I go to the doctors I am given a new medication. Now I have 2.5 (.5 for a pill I only take when needed) different kinds of pills, 2 different kinds of inhalers and a nasal spray. This doesn’t include my over the counter meds. When did I become Paul from The Wonder Years?
  • I’m jealous of people who can just read any book that is in front of them. This has been a problem for me since I started reading. I don’t know if it’s the “reading disability” they said I had when I was younger or if it’s the ADD but if I can’t get into a book I simply can’t read it. I’ll read a part over and over again and not remember any of what I just read. So annoying.

This is uneasy to watch, but amusing:

1. B

October 16, 2009 at 9:39 am

I can’t read just anything either but I don’t have a problem with that. I read because I enjoy it. How can I enjoy it if I force myself to read “just because.” Read what you enjoy my friend!

October 18, 2009 at 4:49 pm

@B, I know, it just sucks when you feel pressure to read something, like in college.

2. LeSombre

October 16, 2009 at 10:00 am

Hey, I don’t part my hair like that anymore… Photoshopped! 😉

3. Grant

October 16, 2009 at 10:24 am

I use Stephen King’s formula for books. I commit to reading at least 10% of the book. After that, if I feel I’m putting more into it than I’m getting back then I move along to the next one. In the case of James Clavell that can mean 150 pages or so, but I haven’t been disappointed in any of his yet.

October 18, 2009 at 4:51 pm

@Grant, Yeah I don’t generally try too hard with any book, not worth it, I feel like I need to with book clubs though.

4. Barb

October 16, 2009 at 9:35 pm

If I can’t get through the first 50 pages (or even the first few paragraphs), forge it. It’s a waste of time to try read something I don’t like.

That video was painful to watch! But pretty sad, too.

October 18, 2009 at 10:17 am

Why was that video uneasy to watch? I thought it was hilarious to see someone that completely drunk.

October 18, 2009 at 2:06 pm

@Avitable, it was the part he couldn’t get up from the floor, i remember how that feels and i just couldn’t watch anymore.

6. Linwood's Girl

October 18, 2009 at 3:43 pm

I am too much of a control-freak….watching that video actually made me a little sick to my stomach. :crazy: I usually know within the first chapter if I want to read it……if it doesn’t pull me in…I resell!:)

October 18, 2009 at 4:53 pm

@Linwood’s Girl, that makes sense to me.