High School Me
1. Did you date someone from your school senior year? Like my senior class? No, I dated younger guys and in fact during my senior year my boyfriend was a sophomore. Now that is a cougar in training 😉
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? Not even close. However at the time I was certain I was going to marry both of them then I realized when I went off to college that the idea of marriage kind of sucked.
3. Did you carpool to school? No, because it was a 5 minute walk. However I had to walk up the biggest hill and that was no fun in the snow and ice.
4. What kind of car did you drive? I didn’t have a car in high school but in college I had a Honda CRX (ie. the go-cart).
5. What kind of car do you have now? 2005 Hyundai Elantra.
6. It’s Friday night – where were you (in high school)? Probably at colorgard practice, at the movies or with a boyfriend.
7. It is Friday night – where are you (now)? Home with Manly Man.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? I had a few jobs. I worked with my Jewish religious school helping out the rabbi, I worked at Shaw’s and I worked at Kid’s Foot Locker (I’m pretty sure this put the nail in the coffin for having kids).
9. What kind of job do you do now? I am an administrative assistant.
10. Were you a party animal? Not really no, I didn’t start drunkinly taking off my shirt at parties until college.
11. Were you considered a flirt? Not really in high school, I usually had boyfriends or was depressed or both.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Yes, I was a total band geek. However I didn’t play an instrument, I was in the colorgard and chorus.
13. Were you a nerd? More of a geek than a nerd as I got average grades but I think hanging out with the band geeks all the time makes you kind of a geek yourself.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled? I really never got in trouble at all, I was pretty quiet most of the time. I think I tried to stay in the background most of the time and go unnoticed.
15. Can you sing the fight song? Did we have a fight song? If we did I never bothered to notice but then again this comes from someone who missed the goal that won us the superbowl my senior year because I wasn’t paying attention.
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? I forgot all their names, I was way too much of a mess in high school to remember names.
17. Where did you sit during lunch? I usually hung out in the band room or sat outside with friends.
18. What was your school’s full name? Reading Memorial High School (Reading sounds like Redding).
19. When did you graduate? 1996.
20. What was your school mascot? I think we were the rockets so…a rocket?
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Hell the fuck no, no no no NO. NO!
22. Did you have fun at Prom? My junior prom I did have fun, I actually went with a friend. Oh and my ex-boyfriend was watching me from a bush when we were taking pictures outside of my friend’s house. My senior prom I went with a boyfriend and well, it wasn’t what I expected or rather I had too high of expectations but I do that with everything. Oh and a freshman girl was stalking me at the time, put a damper on my senior year.
23. Do you still talk to your prom date? Both of my prom dates are friends of mine on Facebook but I don’t really keep in touch with them or anything.
24. Who was your best friend? Hmmm…that’s tough to say and I’ll hurt someone’s feelings I’m sure. Probably Dawn, I have so many memories with her but then I have so many with Jen and Cindy too.
25. What did you want to be when you grew up? A writer, which I suppose I am in my own little world.
26. Any regrets? I probably should have been on medication or something, I wish I had been less stressed out and distraught. I was kind of a less obvious version of Allison from The Breakfast Club.
27. Biggest fashion mistake? Probably those unitard shirts that button in the crotch, I was desperate to wear those but couldn’t for a long time because my tatas were so damn big. I did get to finally wear them after my surgery but, ugh, so wrong.
28. Favorite fashion trend? Worn out jeans, I think I was trying to be like Brenda Walsh most of the time.
29. Are you going to your next reunion? I’m not sure, I didn’t go to the 5 year or 10 year, I’ll probably go if Dawn, Jen or Cindy go but they have yet to go either.
30. Who did you have a secret crush on? Ok, I had a big crush. I can’t even bear to say his name because I’m still embarassed about the story. Maybe I’ll tell it sometime but those of you who were there know the story that involved a senior tell all thing in the auditorium and me grabbing a but by accident (I swear) in a swimming pool.
31. Did you go on spring break? No, one year though the marching band went on a trip to Pennsylvania for a huge performance we were invited to but I couldn’t go because of my breast reduction surgery. They all will still talk about it as if I was there and I have to remind them 🙁