Aspergers Is Sexy

sheldonNo, I’m serious. We were watching The Big Bang Theory the other night and I asked Manly Man who he thought was the most likely guy on the show I’d sleep with. His first answer was Sheldon, and he was right. I do love Johnny Galecki but Sheldon is so awkward and innocent and geeky, I love that.

I’ve read online that some people think Sheldon has Aspergers but from what I understand that was never the intention of the writers. He’s just awkward and weird and just…Sheldon. I bet you didn’t know that my husband has some of the characteristics of Aspergers.

So all in all, I seem to find Aspergers a turn on. A shy guy who is really smart and awkward, that is hot.

————————

I’m in New York today, going all by myself. I’ll be back around on Friday to catch up with everyone.

1. B

August 26, 2009 at 9:12 am

That’s why I love Dr. Reid from “Criminal Minds.” He’s just so awkward and super smart. I’d love to just pick his brain!

2. Amanda

August 26, 2009 at 10:12 am

lol I’ve always thought he had Aspergers, but I guess not.

I think Raj is totally hot. Have you seen him when he’s not in his Raj clothes with normal hair? He’s kind of gorgeous.

3. Gwen

August 26, 2009 at 12:00 pm

Sheldon is by far my favourite. Leonard is cute, but way to neurotic. Howard is just… well… yeah. Raj is seriously awesome, but waaaaaay too afraid of chicks.

4. Grant

August 27, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Aspergers sounds like me, although my awkwardness usually gives off a serial killer kind of vibe. Plus it sounds too much like Ass Burgers, so I’m not touching that one.

5. kapgar

August 28, 2009 at 9:24 am

My wife loves Reed from Criminal Minds, just like B. But maybe not quite so much as Derek.

We both get a kick out of Sheldon because there are elements of each of us in him, minus the Aspberger’s. That is a great role and I hope that he wins the Emmy, even if it means that Neil Patrick Harris (who also deserves it) doesn’t win. I’m just happy that Jeremy Piven isn’t nominated. Finally.

6. Andy

October 19, 2011 at 1:51 am

It was their intention, I have a hunch about Jim Parsons too but they don’t want to state it because it would ruin the jokes making fun of Sheldon.