Top 5 Documentaries
This is a tough list, my thoughts change a lot on these topics over time, which I think is kind of the point. It was nearly impossible to break this down into 5 movies but this is the best you’ll get. Thoughts?
5. March of the Penguins – Sometimes a documentary isn’t just about a political stance, it’s about seeing pieces of the world that we wouldn’t have ever been able to see otherwise.
4. Bowling For Columbine – I really felt this movie was very important for us to see, I think after everything that happened everyone wanted to believe what was easy but it was important to see the truth to try to prevent it from happening again.
3. An Inconvenient Truth – It opened my eyes to the world around us, no matter what you think about this movie there is nothing wrong with trying to do better by the world we inhabit.
2. This Film is Not Yet Rated – Uncovering the truth behind the MPAA, enlightening.
1. Fahrenheit 9/11 – I just remember being in awe and being moved by so much about this movie. At the end of the movie I remember the whole audience giving a standing ovation, even though there was really nobody to clap for. I know some of it’s biased but the point of the movie was loud and clear and very powerful.