Tattoos and Other Stuff

willem dafoe

see more Lol Celebs

Official: We are now officially married, it only took 2+ 1+ years for my parents to put the wedding announcement in the Boston Globe. But there you are. I guess now the honeymoon period is officially over too.

Tattoo: My AIL gave me an idea for a tattoo, she thought this picture was of a tattoo and I was thinking that would be a GREAT tattoo. I think someday I will have Manly Man draw another smilie face on my toe and I’ll get a tattoo over it, since it always makes me smile 🙂

Weekend: We’re going to Rockport this Saturday to see FIL. I’m excited to hang out with them, walk along the beach and obviously I’ll take a million pictures. I’m also going to take pictures of their dog Simon, because I want to get better at pet photography. That might sound lame to some people but I think it’s a nice little niche. Simon will be tough though, he’s all black fur so it’s hard to get detail.

Stuff: I have a lot of stuff out there on the internets, I have lots of stuff to get out here and there, so if you are interested I have a Tumblr (this is for all the stuff I find online and want to share) but I also have one called Cats Not Kids which is basically childfree stuff. I am doing a health blog, again for the millionth time, just to get stuff out for myself. If you want it I am not publicizing it but you can email me for it.

1. B

July 10, 2009 at 9:49 am

I’d say it’s safe to say that pet photography would be a really good niche to get into. People love their pets (as you know) and I know plenty of people who’d love to have pictures of them taken.

July 10, 2009 at 11:15 am

Congratulations on finally being married! Now the ball and chain is real.

3. Hannah

July 10, 2009 at 11:46 am

Congrats! I agree with B that pet photography is huge right now and I’m sure you could find people who want to have their pets photos taken.

Also-I LOVE your Cats not Kids site! With all the stuff out there on the internet, there should be more resources for childfree people! 🙂

4. Amanda

July 10, 2009 at 1:06 pm

oh I want the heath blog. And that’s a cute (and unique) tattoo idea

5. Maureen

July 11, 2009 at 11:52 am

I have got to stop looking at the childfree links that you post… They just angry up my blood sometimes. :-p

I *completely* understand and appreciate & admire adults who choose not to have children, if they don’t want to be parents. Yay! Way to live your life in your own way! I hope my own kids do the same (live their lives as they see fit, as long as they’re good to others along the way)

And, I try to understand the feelings of defensiveness, of being ‘attacked’, that some childfree people have, when others talk to them about their life choice. I’ve got to admit, though, that it seems more like a bit of insecurity from where I see it, though.

But, it’s the childfree sites that go beyond ‘not wanting to be parents’ and into ‘parents and children are awful & I never want to be in the same place as them’ that make me angry. That’s just straight out prejudice – judging the individual members of an entire group of people based on preconcieved notions about that group.

Aaargh – it’s so frustrating reading those…

Anyway – love the idea for the tattoo! Seems so simple to do, maybe you could do it as a DIY project :p

6. ed

July 12, 2009 at 10:13 am

have fun in rockport, the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend!