Hate Turned Around

Please Login or Register to read the rest of this content.

1. Amanda

June 11, 2009 at 10:41 am

I don’t think I’m registered for this site, maybe? I can’t figure out how to log in. Then when I try to register, it says user registration is not currently allowed. I’m confused

Also my wordpress log in is crazy: g2-453cdc04ce031d5287c0c339b15f2021 is my user name.

2. Amanda

June 11, 2009 at 11:24 am

Have you talked to Erik about this? Maybe he can help you figure out who to go see, or how to deal with this. I guess at least wait a few days until your period’s over and see how you feel then. Maybe it’s not PMS, maybe it’s that PMDD thing they talk about in those Yaz commercials? Is it a lot worse during your period or is it consistent throughout the month?

Or is this something you’ve been through before? Seeing a therapist is always a good thing. even if it’s only a few times.

I don’t want to be one of those I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT people, because I don’t, we’re all so different, and our experience are all different, but you’re not alone in this.

About a week ago Mike went to my favorite restaurant with his brother for lunch and this caused me to have a complete meltdown in a parking lot later that night. Tears, yelling, all because he had pizza without me. This is not me. I don’t behave like this. I’m not an inherently angry person, but I’ve been so angry, irritable, and down lately. We agreed that I need to talk to someone about this, but as of right now, I’m pretending that conversation didn’t exist until Mike makes me go, because I just don’t want to deal with it.

June 11, 2009 at 11:30 am

@Amanda, No it’s more than just PMS, it just is 10x worse right now. My husband can’t really help right now at all, he’s going through his own stuff. I should see a therapist soon but I’m lazy and even $20 a session just seems too much with all our financial issues right now. I don’t know. I wish I had the option to take a leave from work and go away for a while. I feel like right now I have to keep everything together and it’s strangling me.

3. bluepaintred

June 11, 2009 at 1:08 pm

stress on top of pms – that sucks donkey balls.

I wish I had some useful advice for you

June 13, 2009 at 9:08 am

@bluepaintred, just showing you care is awesome and maybe stop flaunting all those awesome baked goods in my face. yeah, thanks.

4. Tugs

June 11, 2009 at 7:49 pm

Yeah, all the stress with the PMS is just probably doubling everything you’re feeling. I’ve been single for 100 years, I get the ‘it’s you and ONLY you holding everything together’ feeling.

I know a lot of people swear that exercise (even walking) and fresh air really help their moods, and maybe with nicer weather that will help? I know you’ve sounded happy after walks, taking photos. (This I can’t really verify since my current workout record is one day in a row)

Eric may be going through his own stuff, but I really think that he needs to at least have an idea how you’re feeling and what you’re going through – it’s only fair, and maybe that will give him the kick in the ass he needs to really get moving?

Much luck to you…you know we’re all here! :hug:

June 13, 2009 at 9:09 am

@Tugs, Thanks girl, we went for a walk last night and it did help.

5. crystal

June 11, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Talk to Manly Man. Even if he’s not part of any of the problems, he might be part of their solution. And yeah, it might just kick him in the ass a little knowing what all the stressy things are doing to you.

Tugs is right – go out and do something. Anything. Right now my best days are the ones where I’ve run in the morning, but even just a walk around the yard or something helps me out when I’m in a bad place.

And you know where to find me if you ever need to vent :hug:

June 13, 2009 at 9:13 am

@crystal, he’s not really part of the problem, he’s just got so many problems of his own that he can’t really help me and I can’t help him. Usually one of us is ok enough to help the other but right now is not the case.

6. bluepaintred

June 13, 2009 at 8:09 pm

Ahhhh shit Robin, we’ve got a problem then. I will be making both kitty and fish bowl cupcakes in the next 2 weeks. My bad.

June 13, 2009 at 8:52 pm

@bluepaintred, Damn, well then whenever I meet you you will just have to bring some specially made for me :robin: