Top 10 Reasons I Know Movies Better Than You

smartypants.png

Here are the reasons why I know better than you when it comes to movies.

10. I used to be the Arts & Entertainment editor for my college newspaper and I’m confident that I helped tens of people during my year and a 1/2 reign.

9. I’ve seen American Beauty 5x in the theater, just because it was that awesome.

8. Gwen tells me what to watch.

7. Instead of sex/drug talks growing up my parents talked to me about movies. In fact love was replaced by movies too.

6. I got to see rated R movies growing up, I don’t know why this makes my movie knowledge better but it must.

5. I was able to sit through and understand the movies American Beauty, The Usual Suspects and Memento, however I did not follow Magnolia.

4. I walked out of the movie The Pest because it was that bad and I almost walked out of Dumb and Dumber.

3. I figured out the movie The Sixth Sense on my own within the first 10 minutes.

2. My brain is so full of useless movie trivia that there is no room for much of anything else.

1. I was named after a movie, which means this was engrained in me from birth.

Or maybe this should have been titled Top 10 Reasons Why I am a Movie Geek or Top 10 Reasons Why I am a Movie Snob :eyebrow:

May 20, 2009 at 8:52 am

If we had a movie trivia contest, I think I would win. I watch big and small films, studio and independent. You only watch independent films.

May 20, 2009 at 8:55 am

@Avitable, You mean I watch quality films and you watch all films.

May 20, 2009 at 8:57 am

@Robin, no, you keep your mind closed to the idea that studios can also make good films, so you miss out on a lot!

May 20, 2009 at 8:58 am

@Avitable, Actually I see a lot of bigger movies, I’m just not a fan of action/fantasy movies.

2. Gwen

May 20, 2009 at 12:15 pm

I’m not sure who this “Gwen” person is, but she must be awfully smart and have amazing taste in movies. You should listen to her all the time and by “you” I mean “everyone”.
    :gwen:

May 20, 2009 at 12:44 pm

@Gwen, well, she’s pretty smart but I am pretty sure she’s going to fuckup one of these days…I’m just waiting.

3. Tara

May 20, 2009 at 9:34 pm

You are movie-riffic, fo’ sure.

But I have to tell you… I saw a plastic bag floating around the parking lot the other day… and I felt nothing.

🙂

4. Cheri

May 21, 2009 at 5:26 pm

I too figured out Sixth Sense quickly – not as quickly as you – it took me more like 20 minutes. LOL My movie watching has seriously declined since Daws was born and now with 2 boyz I only get to Action/Adventure movies. Anything else I have to see on DVD.
    Speaking of which – any good suggestions on recent (in the past 6 months) DVD movies? Did you see/like the Reader?

May 22, 2009 at 12:58 pm

@Cheri, I haven’t seen that yet but I did just see In Bruges and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. I recommend both.