Answer Me!

What would happen if laugh tracks were banned? Would shows stop being funny?

Why does my bumper sticker “cats not kids” seem to create such a reaction? I notice all the time that people behind me in traffic seem to be looking at it and smiling. If people have approached me because of it it’s usually because they think it’s funny. Some people think I’m against others having kids, which is totally not the point but hey, take from it whatever you want.

Does anyone really follow back all the random twitter followers that are most likely spam? Then why do they bother? Are there douches out there who really follow back every single twat that follows them?

Why is S’bucks so much more expensive than Dunkin? Is it because S’bucks is much better quality and better service? I’m going to assume that is it.

Were we (Manly Man and me) the only ones not watching Idol last night but instead watching old episodes of House?

Why didn’t the doctor give me vicodin after giving me anesthesia and stitches? That shit ain’t right.

[tags]questions[/tags]

May 13, 2009 at 9:19 am

Laugh tracks make shows unfunny. Being told when to laugh is ridiculous.

May 13, 2009 at 9:25 am

@Avitable, I think it’s sad, the laugh tracks have been around so long and are tied to so many good shows. It just seems pointless to me and definitely takes something away from the show.

2. Amanda

May 13, 2009 at 10:37 am

Shows are clearly funny without them (like the office and 30 rock). the only one I can stomach is HIMYM and at least I’m usually laughing so I don’t hear it

May 13, 2009 at 10:43 am

@Amanda, Yeah, same here but then I like Big Bang Theory and 2 1/2 Men too.

3. Nobodyâ„¢

May 13, 2009 at 10:39 am

I was not watching Idol, and I wouldn’t have watched it even you had paid me to.

Having worked in television I can tell you that most people in the biz have an IQ that is much lower than room temperature, therefore they feel we need to know when to laugh.

I don’t drink coffee. But let me ask you this, why the hell does a 20oz bottle of Diet Pepsi at a convenience store cost half the price of a 12 pack?! And why do I keep paying that ridiculous price for a bottle of it on the way to work instead of stopping at Walmart and getting a 12 pack? Wait, on second thought, don’t answer that..

May 13, 2009 at 10:44 am

@Nobodyâ„¢, I can believe that about the tv biz. I really don’t know why you do that, you might take that up with your therapist.

4. Gwen

May 13, 2009 at 2:22 pm

1. My favourite thing about M*A*S*H* on DVD (besides being able to watch M*A*S*H* whenever I want) is that it has an option to turn the laugh track off. Ever since I discovered that feature, I haven’t been able to watch M*A*S*H* on TV because the laugh track makes me insane. (Adam is right, being told to laugh is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard of)

2. Because people are very, very strange.

3. Almost all of the people I follow on Twitter are people I’m stalking the lazy way or my friends (who I’m also stalking). I really don’t understand following your followers. If we all did that we’d end up walking around in circles.

4. It’s that and it’s the difference between buying the children’s Harry Potter books or paying an extra $10 for the “adult” ones. No word of a lie – same book, more mature looking cover to hide the fact that you’re reading children’s books. Starbucks allows you to hold your head up high and announce to the world “I have too much money”. (Yes, I am a starbucks addict)

5. No, I didn’t watch it either. In fact I left my parents house BECAUSE they were sitting down to watch it. And I can do you one better – instead of watching AI I went home and fell asleep on the couch watching old eps. of Cheers.

May 14, 2009 at 7:55 am

@Gwen, What is your favorite drink to get from Starbucks?

1. Gwen

May 14, 2009 at 12:16 pm

@Robin, For the last couple of years my order has been exactly the same thing every time. It’s also one of those stupidly long orders that make you sound like you’re speaking another language (I believe it’s known as “yuppie”).
        A venti chai latte, soy milk, no foam, no water.
        Yeah, I’m one of those people.

May 14, 2009 at 12:31 pm

@Gwen, I’m sure it’s of no real surprise I can be one of those people too, however at Starbucks it’s pretty simple “grande (unless i want venti) iced vanilla latte”. I tried to get it with less ice for a little while but they just added more milk, which defeats the purpose. As far as regular coffee, I don’t even know what I like anymore because I’ve made it so complicated :banghead:

5. Tug

May 13, 2009 at 6:56 pm

Um, yeah, so your questions have been answered.

My day is complete.

😉

May 14, 2009 at 7:56 am

@Tug, You didn’t do much, not surprised :rolleyes:

6. whall

May 14, 2009 at 1:49 am

I don’t drink coffee.
    I don’t watch Idol.
    I like kids and cats. But kids and dogs are better.
    I don’t get sick from Vicodin like a lot of people do.
    I don’t spam.
    [laugh]

May 14, 2009 at 7:56 am

@whall, you are a man of few words, let’s keep it that way.

7. Hannah

May 14, 2009 at 8:43 am

Where did you get your bumper sticker? In my opinion, cats are better than kids. Cats don’t listen to crap like Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers, swear at you and/or crash your car. LOL.

May 14, 2009 at 8:51 am

@Hannah, I got it in some like wiccan store in Salem, MA I think, a long time ago. I meant to post a link to the picture but you can find it on my flickr page.

8. Tug

May 14, 2009 at 9:27 am

Sure I did – I delegated (whether the previous commenters were aware of this or not is really not important). I’m a good delegator.

May 14, 2009 at 11:57 am

@Tug, delegated? sure, let’s call it that.