Technologically Retarded

Radio: I don’t know how many of you know about the Jay Severin scandal, about the racist comments he made but I must admit that this is the talk show I’ve listened to on and off for a year or two in order to learn more about the world around me. Granted 90% of the time I don’t agree with him but his show pushed me to find my own stance on important topics. That being said, what’s funny about this whole thing is he’s talked like this from day one. He’s always been a tool using rude terms for everyone. I’ve hated how he calls Hillary Clinton fat and ugly because I think it makes him look like an asswipe. I’ve always thought he’d go much further with his views if he didn’t sink to immature name calling to get his point across. I find it strange that suddenly this is all coming to a head, honestly I expected it to happen years ago.

Evie: I hate feeling behind in technology but having no real spending money means all our technology is soooo passe. My laptop is like 5 years old, my camera is at least 4 years old I think and even my television I’ve had for a decade now, since I was in college. I guess it’s good all these things still work really well. Of course my cell phone Evie the EnV is now so 2 years ago and I’m starting to feel jealous of those with cell phones who can do all these things, like the iPhone 🙁

C25k: So I started out with Week 3 on Tuesday and it kicked my ass. After confering with Crystal I don’t think I was ready yet, I may do another week of Week 2 but not sure, I was able to do the new pace but it was really hard. Jogging for 3 minutes straight is pretty fucking hard, especially when the only thing to watch on the tv at the time is Charmed :yuck:

Poisoned: So it’s Poison Ivy 2009 Part One but it’s getting better. It’s such a nasty thing to have. First it looks like you have a disease, like your arm is rotting off but then also it itches so bad you want to scratch your skin off. It starts off as tiny little bumps, then turns into bigger bumps that are full of a clear liquid and then the bumps mold together into a gross raised mass on your arm. I don’t recommend it. I’m not sure if I get it from Pilot or from just trying to get a good picture.

[tags]c25k[/tags]

1. whall

May 8, 2009 at 9:45 am

I would google but that takes too much work. What’s C25K?

1. whall

May 8, 2009 at 10:06 am

@Robin, Oh I see. Couch to 5K. So it’s how to pimp out your purse to be worth $5000? I knew Couches were expensive, but man, that’s crazy!

2. Amanda

May 8, 2009 at 9:59 am

I’m not going to lie, I tried the c25k thing, and I couldn’t even get through week one. I’m so, so out of shape. I’m working my way up to it

3. Crystal

May 8, 2009 at 12:18 pm

It gets better. I promise. Looking back, I think Week 3 was awful for me too. I think a lot of it was because I was still pushing myself to run at a pace that I couldn’t handle yet because I just couldn’t handle the fact that I could only run at a pace that a lot of people walk at. Once I figured out that if I was going to succeed I needed to slow down a little. And someone told me something that’s stuck with me since then:

If you want to run faster, run further. If you want to run further, run slower.

So once I wrapped my head around the thought that running slower would actually let me run faster, I settled into my groove. I won’t say that running 8 minutes straight is a piece of cake, but it’s loads easier for me than the 1 minute or 3 minute runs. And coming from a fat chick who would beg her mother to write her a note getting her out of doing the mile run in gym, that’s saying something I think.

Plus, I think at the early stage in the program your body hasn’t really developed itself. We’re going from running for 60 seconds at a time to 90 seconds to 3 minutes, after having not done anything like that since probably forced gym classes in high school, and we need to adjust to it. There’s no hard and fast timeframe to follow, like I said, it’s ok to repeat weeks – I usually take 5-6 workouts to think I’m ready to move onto the next week. Hell, I did 3 workouts of w5d1 alone, and 2 of them for w5d2. I’d rather take my time, run at the pace I’m comfortable with, and actually get through this, than getting burnt out and hating the activity.

4. Miss M

May 9, 2009 at 1:38 am

You know the biggest eye opener i had in terms of racism was a class I took in grad school. I honestly had no idea that 90% of the stuff actually existed. I have been so naive.

5. Hannah

May 12, 2009 at 8:40 am

We have some incredibly ignorant and intolerant media personalities up here in Canada too-ie. Lowell Greem, certain employees of Sun Media newspapers, etc-and I wish they would just get fired.

Opinions are one thing, but spewing blind hatred towards certain groups is quite another.