I’ve mentioned the best television finales but what about the worst? Here is my list. Edited to add: Because I’m an idiot I neglected to look back at my Top 5 Finales post and guess what, I have a show listed in both :doh: I guess you can say it’s both one of the worst and one of the best :dunno:
5. Felicity – The show started going down hill in the third season but for those who loved the show it was a breath of fresh air when it first aired. I think the show centered too towards the end about who Felicity would end up with. While I wanted her with Noel I think to be the most realistic she shouldn’t have ended up with anyone, how often do people end up with their college boyfriends? Of course the weird pretend extra ending was even worse but in a weird way I liked it if only because I got just a little extra Felicity and Noel :heart:
4. Roseanne – The show was about the humor of a blue collar family but towards the end of the show they win the lottery, everyone gets together and then it turns out it was all a dream and Dan died. I personally think the show should have ended with life just going on as usual, Dan and Roseanne sitting on the sofa as the screen goes to black.
3. That 70′s Show – I thought that having Jackie end up with Fez was an abomination (yeah I said it) and completely unbelievable. She should have ended up with Hyde, no matter how mismatched they were.
2. Will & Grace – The show jumped the shark back sometime around when Karen had her second wedding and JLo showed up. The drawn out ending of Will & Grace losing touch only to re-connect through their children just didn’t sit well. I mean, I liked the idea of their kids ending up together (as it sometimes feels it should have been) but it wasn’t right that they were apart from each other’s lives for so long. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.
1. The L Word – There are no words for the end of this show, there is no way to properly explain how bad it was. It was just all kinds of wrong on every level. To make matters worse the slow motion walking at the end, just plain odd.
Top 5 Worst Finales was posted on April 2, 2009 at 8:06 am in I'm Just Sayin and tagged as television, top 5. It was last modified on April 2, 2009 at 8:06 am. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response or trackback from your site.