My Murtaugh List

How I Met Your Mother is so inspiring and because of last night’s list I decided to come up with my own Murtaugh List. What is a Murtaugh List (shame you for not watching) it comes from Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon (however I have never seen any of them) when he says the line I’m too old for this shit. This list is important as a reminder that yes, you are too old for this shit whenever you think just maybe…you aren’t.

Murtaugh

Here is the shit I am too old for:

1. Navel Piercing – even if I dropped all the weight and had a six pack I sitll think I’m too old to get a navel piercing anymore.
  2. Getting Trashed – getting heavily buzzed is nice, even tipsy. Once the room stops spinning it’s just way too much.
  3. One Night Stands – that was never fun, how are they any good? Maybe I just never did it right.
  4. Slumber Parties – I’m too old to sleep on the floor unless I am camping. I pay a mortgage so I can sleep in a bed.
  5. Mile High Club – In reality it doesn’t seem all that great anyway, have you seen the bathrooms on planes?? Actually having sex anywhere really uncomfortable seems silly at this point.
  6. Spring Break – I think spring break is only ever really is appropriate (if ever) is in your early twenties but once college is over I think it gets a little pathetic. I mean the whole point of spring break is to get rid of the tension from school, right?
  7. Pull an All-Nighter – I did this a lot in my college years but now if I do that it screws up my whole week. I suppose if I were independently wealthy and never had to be anywhere I could handle it.

What is your Murtaugh List?

Oh and I also have been meaning to share this site for all you Canadians…I knew you guys were freaks.

[tags]list, himym[/tags]

1. Miss Britt

March 31, 2009 at 11:20 am

I LOVED this episode!

On my list is drink too much. Oy. Someone needs to remind me of that.

2. metalmom

March 31, 2009 at 11:31 am

WOOHOOO!! Spring Break,YO!!! On my way to Cancun I hit the “mile high” club. We had a huge sleep over and I had a hot one-night stand with this dude Swarley (Only cause I WAS TRASHED!!) Does it count as an all-nighter if I stayed up ‘doing it’? Anyway, wait till you see my new belly button ring!!

3. Amanda

March 31, 2009 at 1:20 pm

I love HIMYM but mike has class on monday nights so I tivo it and we watch in on tuesdays.

I don’t go camping, so nothing would make me sleep on the floor

4. B

March 31, 2009 at 2:04 pm

I’d have to say “Drama.” I loved the episode too BTW! I love Barney.

April 1, 2009 at 8:38 am

You’re still going to get the clit piercing, though, right? :mrfab:

April 1, 2009 at 9:05 am

You’re never honored when I comment on your blog, though!

I don’t think you’re too old for any of those things!

April 1, 2009 at 9:21 am

Oh…no slumber parties? So you definitely will not be able to come in June? That makes Brad sad. 🙁

8. Hannah

April 1, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Wow! You and I have so much in common its scary! LOL.
    I am too old for all the “shit” you mentioned and hated slumber parties for most of my life. (How is a lack of sleep fun?)

9. olivier

September 4, 2010 at 8:56 am

Hey all !

Nice list and i loved this episode too !!

By the way I find this awesome website related to your post: http://www.themurtaughlist.com

See you !