My Murtaugh List
How I Met Your Mother is so inspiring and because of last night’s list I decided to come up with my own Murtaugh List. What is a Murtaugh List (shame you for not watching) it comes from Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon (however I have never seen any of them) when he says the line I’m too old for this shit. This list is important as a reminder that yes, you are too old for this shit whenever you think just maybe…you aren’t.
Here is the shit I am too old for:
- Navel Piercing – even if I dropped all the weight and had a six pack I sitll think I’m too old to get a navel piercing anymore.
- Getting Trashed – getting heavily buzzed is nice, even tipsy. Once the room stops spinning it’s just way too much.
- One Night Stands – that was never fun, how are they any good? Maybe I just never did it right.
- Slumber Parties – I’m too old to sleep on the floor unless I am camping. I pay a mortgage so I can sleep in a bed.
- Mile High Club – In reality it doesn’t seem all that great anyway, have you seen the bathrooms on planes?? Actually having sex anywhere really uncomfortable seems silly at this point.
- Spring Break – I think spring break is only ever really is appropriate (if ever) is in your early twenties but once college is over I think it gets a little pathetic. I mean the whole point of spring break is to get rid of the tension from school, right?
- Pull an All-Nighter – I did this a lot in my college years but now if I do that it screws up my whole week. I suppose if I were independently wealthy and never had to be anywhere I could handle it.
What is your Murtaugh List?
Oh and I also have been meaning to share this site for all you Canadians…I knew you guys were freaks.