My Facebook Etiquette
Like them or not here are some proper Facebook Dos and Don’ts in my book.
- Status messages are in the third person so instead of I went to the store it should be went to the store so it’s not Robin I went to the store but Robin went to the store. It’s dumb but to some people it might be annoying, maybe just me :dunce:
- Limit how often you send a group message to people, some people do not like 25 responses showing up in their Inbox or better yet their phone.
- If someone sends you a message then respond to them directly not to ALL, unless totally necessary.
- If you have something to share with a bunch of people, just post it to your Facebook for everyone to see and respond if they are interested.
- If you want to get a group of people together on Facebook then create a public or private Event. It can be closed so only those you invite can see it or open so anyone can see it. That way, people can discuss it without having the longest message ever.
- When you want to comment on someone’s status you can actually comment on their status instead of a new wall post. Not that it matters but it keeps things where they should be, that’s how I like it.
- Memes are relatively pointless on Facebook (well they are kind of pointless anyway) but everyone seems to do them and at the same time everyone seems to ignore them too.
Obviously these are things that bug me, a normal person may not find any of this stuff bothersome. What Facebook stuff bugs you?