Sugar Strike

I love sugar, I crave sugar. I love the feeling of biting into a sugary pastry or the feeling of a piece of chocolate melting in your mouth. Just thinking about one of my favorite kinds of candy makes me salivate. I bite in and the taste is almost more than I can handle. I feel my heart race and all I want is more.

nosugar.jpg

Then almost just as quickly I feel so horribly awful. My head starts to spin, I feel sick to my stomach and I can barely keep my head up. I groan as I kick myself for eating that candy bar when I knew I’d regret it. Yet I still do it again and again. The craving never stops.

So I have decided to give up sugar for 30 days from today. For me this is a big deal because I crave sweets so intensely everyday. I usually eat at least one serving of sugar during the day and at least one (if not two) at night. I am hoping by doing this I can minimize the craving and get back some much needed control.

Obviously I can’t give up all sugar since sugar it’s in almost everything. I’m refering to foods that are mostly sugar like baked goods, candy, soft drinks and anything that is basically saturated with sugar.

I need to try something and prove to myself I can do it. In the great scheme of things 30 days is nothing. I’m hoping that by the end of 30 days the intense craving will subside.

Of course I had to plan a get together for a little cafe with the best desserts, i’ll just have to fill up on coffee I suppose :dunno:

————————————-

Have you joined my Accidental Beauty Fan Page on Crackbook? Well what are you waiting for??

1. Gwen

January 6, 2009 at 10:15 am

Robin, when you’re at the depths of a sugar craving, if you like, you can always remember that I am no longer allowed to eat sugar, salt, meat, dairy, coffee or alcohol.
    Man, who doesn’t love being sick.
    *sigh*
    (Although I have to admit, since having to give up so much I have lost a ton of weight. Mostly because I can’t eat anything, but still.)
    :gwen:

2. B

January 6, 2009 at 10:50 am

Oh boy! I think you have the will power to do it! I was going to give up soda but that hasn’t happened yet. Good luck!

3. Gemini

January 6, 2009 at 11:38 am

Gwen That totally stinks… (not the weight loss but the being sick part… 🙁

Robin You can do it! Good luck chic! :clap:

4. Heather B

January 6, 2009 at 12:41 pm

If I can give up Soda’s for 3 years, you can do this for 30 days 🙂

January 6, 2009 at 12:43 pm

@Gwen – email me, i’m not sure i know what your illness is.
    @B – soda is easier than it seems.
    @Gemini – thanks.
    @Heather B – i gave up soda years ago, it was a good thing although i should have replaced it with water.

6. Leanne

January 6, 2009 at 12:50 pm

Hey your amazon widget has the pots I’ve been drooling over. Do you have them?

When you have cravings for sweets, try fruit. I have a couple of containers of cut up pineapple and cantaloupe. Watermelon and grapes work but they’re out of season right now. They’re super sweet and you can have up to TWO CUPS of it without skipping a beat on your calorie count (if you’re counting). That’s a lotta sweetness. Good luck!

January 6, 2009 at 12:55 pm

@Leanne – The circulon one? Yeah I got that as a wedding gift, really great pot.

8. Cheri

January 6, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Good luck – I too need to do the very same thing. Giving up the soda is going to be the hardest part. Ugh!

January 6, 2009 at 1:27 pm

You’re insane. Don’t do it!

10. Giggle Pixie

January 6, 2009 at 6:26 pm

Oh I wish I had that kind of willpower! Good luck to you, I know you can do it because you’ve got it all mapped out. I was glad that I weaned myself down from 3 sodas a day to only 1 (all diet), but going completely off sweets for 30 days would probably lead to my death. Or someone else’s!!! LOL

11. whall

January 7, 2009 at 3:07 am

This might be the wrong time to tell you about my new favorite recipe involving golden oreos, cream cheese and chocolate dip topping.

12. DutchBitch

January 7, 2009 at 12:23 pm

OMG Good luck!!! I didn’t have too much trouble giving it up when I had to for a while as I don’t have a sweet tooth at all but if I had to give up savory stuff. Holy shit…

13. H.

January 8, 2009 at 9:35 am

Gum! Chew lots of gum! That’s what I do. I’m back on the calorie counting thingy and gum helps. That and brushing my teeth a lot so I don’t eat. 😀