No Likey

Gemini wrote a post on this other post about how Twilight is crap. Yeah I said it, wanna fight? :gemini: Anyway, she didn’t understand how someone could put so much thought and energy into writing about something they didn’t like but in my mind that’s where stuff gets interesting.

If we all only wrote or talked about the things that we enjoyed, where would be the controversy or the learning be? Sometimes when talking about something I don’t like with someone on the other side of the fence I find I learn something or my opinion changes a little.

It might seem strange to some that I could probably write a novel on gross/dumb comedies but like it or not it’s something I feel strongly about. No, it’s not the subject of real importance but it’s something I’m opinionated on. I’m also opinionated on gay rights and pro choice. It just so happens I have a little more knowledge when it comes to movies.

If you disagree with my topic then please, speak up, I encourage you to include your opinion. There is a 25% chance that next week my topic to rant about will be something you agree with.

[tags]twilight, opinionated[/tags]

1. Gemini

December 31, 2008 at 12:07 pm

LOL

No I don’t want to fight… :tongue: but just like you and the author of the article I just wanted to share my opinion on how I felt about what she said and how she said it…

When it comes to Entertainment I say it is all in the eye of the beholder and 9 times out of 10 no matter what anyone says no one is going to change the minds of the people that enjoyed it or didn’t enjoy it (whatever “it” may be).

So I prefer to not engage in the picking apart or bashing of something like this… I have lists of movies, books, and music that I hated for one reason or another but I just don’t want to put too much energy into discussing why I don’t like it. I feel like it is creating a big deal out of nothing.

Although you have a point Opposing opinions always makes it interesting.. :dutchy:

And in a way I guess by posting what I did… Has added to the controversy. der

haha I tried soo hard to not fall into this trap and post about Twilight but here I am… Oh well…

(me) :loser:

December 31, 2008 at 12:10 pm

@Gemini – I sucked you in!!! :nana:

I think I made my point, can I go home now?

December 31, 2008 at 12:19 pm

Talking about things you don’t like is one of life’s great pleasures!

December 31, 2008 at 12:32 pm

@Avitable – :highfive:
    @Gemini – It’s ok, we are all opinionated…even you. It’s what makes life fun sometimes. I’m glad you shared because I got to respond and I love being opinionated.

5. B

December 31, 2008 at 3:27 pm

If people only wrote about things they liked, the world would be a very boring place.

6. edmcbride

December 31, 2008 at 5:24 pm

the movie was ok. it def got better the second half of it. the guy playing edward, just seemed uncomfortable playing a guy that was uncomfortable.

I went in the movie only having read 1 chapter. Its a vampire movie? oooohhhh you sparkle, now give me some fangs, and bloody jugulars!

7. H.

December 31, 2008 at 7:06 pm

I agree and disagree. 😀 Disagreeing and stating opinions does make life more interesting. If everyone agreed on everything and loved everything, life would be boring. BUT! I don’t see the point in focusing too much energy in something I don’t like. I’ll say I don’t like something, state my case and let it go. I’d rather focus on the things that make me happy. Why hate just for the purpose of hating?

December 31, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Well the original person this was about only wrote one article about her dislike of Twilight, which is totally normal. Me however going on and on about it post after post. Now that’s just fucked up :crazy:

9. charlane

January 1, 2009 at 12:14 pm

twilight is a tween novel, made to appeal to that audience. I thought it was ok as that….

10. Gemini

January 3, 2009 at 8:56 pm

She didn’t just say that she disliked the book or the movie she said that it was “Destroying America and our Nations Youth”

My point was that her stand on the book was extreme… and that there are many more things that she could have used that title for, but for the book Twilight? I think that she is giving it more credit then she should. There are many more “things” out there that are “Destroying America” I just don’t think that a book is one of them. (or at least this book) 😉