Have A Holly Jolly Crapmass

:pissed: Sometimes I find myself thinking about how crapmass is getting closer and I want to hide…or hit someone or just run someone over who is wearing green and red…or just move somewhere that it doesn’t exist.

:gemini: I need to take a moment and send a big thanks to Gemini who is my guardian angel because she stopped the whole gift giving insanity a couple years ago and now we pick out of a hat who we give to. I fear if she hadn’t started this I might have started my own tradition of crying hysterically throughout the entire party and that is not fun for anyone. Although I would love some year if we could all donate to one charity instead, that way ALL the stress is gone.

:help: So check this out. I know of like 5 people who gave birth within the last year. I know of maybe 4 people (I’m sure there are more that I haven’t learned of yet since I learn of a new one everyday) who are giving birth this year (one of them was due Thursday). What is going on? Is this the new baby boom? Is it an epidemic? Where do I hide?

:poke: Finally there is a Twilight Someecards, now all is right with the world.

Oh and the poll results are:

When you hear the song Bohemian Rhapsody your first thought is…

• of Wayne and Garth headbanging to it in the car. (75%)
  • of a fond memory of your younger years. (19%)
  • of the video. (6%)
  • of nothing. (0%)

Total Votes: 16

And there you have it :rock:

1. themuttprincess

November 21, 2008 at 8:59 am

December 26th is one of my favorite days of the year….

Sigh.

2. Amanda

November 21, 2008 at 11:01 am

I’m actually kind of okay with Christmas this year. We’ll see as it gets closer and I have to listen to the music. I think the music is really what ruins it for me.

3. Maureen

November 21, 2008 at 11:36 am

As you know, I :heart: Christmas and all the winter holidays. You really can see the best from people at this time of year – the world feels filled with the potential for joy and brotherhood. I’m only sad when I see the people who let themselves get stressed about it all (including myself sometimes), instead of just feeling the hope & love.

Our gift-giving, amongst my siblings & their grown children, has evolved into a fun ‘Yankee Gift Exchange’ that always has some goofy gifts, along with some coveted sentimental things. The little kids enjoy watching us adults play the gift exchange game, cheering their parents on & helping to choose. Much better than the old days, trying to find something special for all 9 siblings (and all their children)!

November 21, 2008 at 11:50 am

@themuttprincess – :thumbsup:
    @Amanda – Oh I’ll ruin it for you, just you watch.
    @Maureen – The way I see from the roads people get WAY worse during the holidays, which has only increased my hatred for it.

5. Tara

November 21, 2008 at 4:57 pm

As you know, I have the holiday spirit. 🙂 I gave up trying to make my insane family do the holiday stuff. They threw around the “obligation” word a lot. So I focus on the people I like, who really want to participate! So I do a $5 gift exchange. You know, you can get some cool — but mostly thoughtful — stuff for only $5. It’s dreamy. If you ever want to test if you can have cheap but lovely and thoughtful holiday spirit, let me know and we’ll do the Keep the Spirit of the Holiday Season $5 Gift Exchange. 🙂

6. whall