A lot of girls say they <3 geeks, and there are a bunch of us, but I’m here to say I’m a big time geek lover. Here is why:
- I’ve loved geeks for as long as I can remember, 90% of my boyfriends over the years were raging geeks. From band geeks to computer nerds to ones that played Dungeon and Dragons.
- I love when guys talk all smart and stuff, especially stuff I don’t understand. Manly Man is a walking encyclopedia so he’s always spouting off information. I also love computer talk. However…gaming or Star Wars…not so much.
- My first serious geek love was with band geeks. Not only that, to me the geekiest guys in band played the trumpet and I dated one. I also have a thing for the band uniform…please…warn your children of band geek-itis.
- Most of my television crushes have been geeks: Noel (Felicity), Ross (Friends), Brian (My So-called Life) and alas, most of the time the girl does not end up with the geek. It’s just not right.
- I had a huge crush on my professor in college who taught the Holocaust class. He was as geeky as they get, scrawny, glasses and awkward. No, I didn’t hit on him or anything but I loved going to class.
If you want to join in, list 5 reasons why you <3 geeks and use this button (please upload to your own server):