I Bet You Didn’t Know
- I sometimes listen to Jay Severin (whom btw I can’t stand), which is a conservative talk show. I started listening to it because I wanted to learn more and really figure out where I stood with everything. One thing I learned was that I wasn’t a democarat but still very much not a republican. I’m somewhere in the middle.
- I used to have a bumper sticker (on a different car) that said “Friends Don’t Let Friends Vote Republican.”
- While I am Pro-Choice I am against illegal immigration. I am against capital punishment and I am anti-guns. I am for gay marriage and for English to be the language of the United States.
- I also used to believe in helping everyone, now that I’m a semi-adult (not sure if the full time adult will ever happen) and I work for everything I have I’m a little more careful about who I think should be helped. I think it’s just too easy and too many people take advantage of it.
- I am very much opposed to religion having anything to do with our government, they are 2 separate things in my book.
- When I was in first grade I think they had us do a mock voting for president, it was between Ronald Regan and [some other dude]. I voted for Ronald Regan because he had 2 R’s in his name. I can’t think of any better reason to vote for him…
- I like the idea of Universal Healthcare but I don’t know enough about it and I wonder if it’s something our country could even do. I might just move to Canada but then again, I would rather not have 6 months of winter…4 are enough for me.
- One of the big reasons I may have a strong distaste for most republicans is because my grandmother is one. She’s a bigot, a racist and just generally looks down on everyone else but her. She listens to Rush Limbaugh, nuff said.
I will not pretend to know more than anyone, I’m still learning everyday. I’m open to learning more things and expanding my horizons.