Dear Starbucks

Dear Starbucks,

starbucksIV.jpg

Don’t think I didn’t see what you were doing, I know your game. You lured me in a while back with your “free sample” of the Orange Creme Frappuccino, which bytheway I learned quick enough was not in the slightest bit coffee. I knew you were pulling me in but I had not fallen for your caffinated beverage yet, I was still a loyal DD customer.

When I went one day to get my exquisite Orange Creme I found out to my horror it was gone. I was devestated but I needed a drink so I chose the Iced Vanilla Latte. I wasn’t a vanilla fan but I wasn’t in the mood for chocolate (I was in the mood for orange but whatever) but I decided to give it a try. I was hoping I would be disappointed and would leave you for good but you knew better, didn’t you?

The iced latte was just sweet enough to titilate but had the kick that DD just couldn’t give me. I knew I couldn’t afford your $4 beverage everyday but longed for it nonetheless. I found out quickly that my homemade coffee wasn’t quite the same and that the DD latte paled in comparison.

So I admit it, you got me. I’m hooked and figure you will be the end of me. I hope you can live with yourself when I end up on the street begging for change, I figure I can just live in a box right outside of your store.

Sincerely,

Robin

[tags]sincerely, coffee, starbucks[/tags]

1. Peggy

September 30, 2008 at 6:08 am

Oh, you’ve got it bad. I prefer DD actually. Starbucks is too strong for me. :paperbag:

2. crystal

September 30, 2008 at 9:00 am

Eddie introduced me to Starbucks when I visited him in Vancouver and got me hooked on some sort of frozen concoction of chocolate/mocha/brownie/crack.

3. Amanda

September 30, 2008 at 10:56 am

Every time I go to Starbucks I get a vanilla latte, but not iced. It’s so, so good. Thankfully the only starbucks that’s really close to me is in a mall, so I’m not tempted to go everyday.

4. Gwen

September 30, 2008 at 1:06 pm

The only reason I have given up my almost permanent spot in the starbucks line is that I’m not allowed to have sugar right now. As soon as “sugar ban ’08” is over I’ll be back there for my Venti Chai Latte, soy, no water, no foam (no, I’m not making that up) and hopefully, one day, when I can have coffee again, I’ll be fist in line to get me a Gingerbread Latte, or a Peppermint Latte or if it happens to be summer, a giant Mocha Frappuccino. *sigh*
    :coffee:

:gwen:

September 30, 2008 at 1:09 pm

@Peggy – I used to be the same way but they have such great flavors and their lattes are better.

@crystal – Crack it is.

@Amanda – Oh darling, iced is the way to go.

@Gwen – I should give up sugar too, I’d feel a hell of a lot better :twitchy:

6. Cheri

September 30, 2008 at 2:06 pm

I’m so glad I don’t like coffee. What is DD?

7. whall

September 30, 2008 at 8:54 pm

You? DD? I never would’ve guessed

(grin – yes I would have)

(grin – yes I’m in 5th grade)

8. Gwen

October 1, 2008 at 12:06 am

This has nothing to do with anything, but I just watched the “freaks come out at night” vid. I’ve officially decided that when you run away to Canada, you can bring Erik.

:gwen:

October 1, 2008 at 7:54 am

@Cheri – Dunkin Donuts, duh :duh:
    @whall – I’m way too sophisticated for DD now.
    @Gwen – A. I can’t believe you just saw it now, shame and B. I was going to stuff him in the trunk even if he wasn’t invited, who else am I going to blame everything on?

10. Gwen

October 1, 2008 at 11:22 pm

Dude, I would watch shit waaaaaay earlier but… aw who am I kidding. I just suck. And you’re right, one must ALWAYS have a scapegoat.

October 2, 2008 at 7:43 am

@Gwen – Well that’s why I married him, duh.