The Lucky Irish

Ireland is so lucky to have us visit them. First there is me with the hearing problems and all thick accents sounds like Swahili. There is a decent chance I’ll try to order a Cosmopolitan or a Miller Highlife. Manly Man may eat them out of cheese, I don’t think there is anything he’s more excited about than going to cheese shops.

We’ll be driving a Ford Fiesta. Luckily Manly Man isn’t too tall, only about 5’11. The car seems just about the right size for me, he can squeeze in. Oh and we did request an automatic, since neither of us knows how to drive a stick.

For Fiesta

Driving on the other side of the car and on the other side of the road should be interesting to say the least. Manly Man drives like a little old lady and I drive like a bitch on wheels. Oh and rotarys, now that’s a good time. Anyone want to come along and videotape the insanity?

We’ve decided to only order one meal for dinner and share it, which should be interesting since we have really different food tastes. I’m thinking we’ll probably end up arguing over whether to order a pasta dish or a plate of melted cheese (I’m serious, he’s ordered that before).

Oh and did I mention I am not bringing Lanie? I am taking a break from the internet for 10 days and I’m a little worried about the withdrawel symptoms. What can I expect? Foaming at the mouth? Hair loss? Convulsions? I just want to be prepared.

[tags]ireland[/tags]

1. bluepaintred

September 24, 2008 at 1:24 am

that’s OK sweetie, We will take good (insert evil laugh here) care of your blog!

ans also? drive REALLY safely. I want you home in once piece so you can read my guest post (Insert one more evil laugh for good measure)

2. Amanda

September 24, 2008 at 1:34 am

I’ll come and videotape! I’ll wear low cut shirts and I understand accents well.

3. Charlene

September 24, 2008 at 4:26 am

it’s a trip driving on the “wrong” side of the road
    it’s hard to do
    been there. done that. have the ashes to prove it.

well the ashes i have to prove it are from dead husbands that were not harmed when i attempted to drive on the wrong side of the road :dunno:

September 24, 2008 at 8:43 am

Driving on the wrong side seems simple enough – you just make sure the driver is always on the inside of the road – but doing that and trying to drive in a roundabout seems like quite a challenge. :avi:

5. Gwen

September 24, 2008 at 9:54 am

hahahahahahahahahaha! That car is like my car’s irish cousin! Awesome!
    Be sure not to forget to say hi to the Irish for me. All of them. All the time. Just say “Gwenhwyfar says hi!”

:gwen:

6. themuttprincess

September 24, 2008 at 2:25 pm

DUDE! You are gonna be foaming at the mouth, lose your memory and hair, and you will probably have to take up another nasty habit. BUT, the good news is all of that will go away once you get home.

(oh, and i named my computer too… Mine is Magda!)

7. Cheri