Last 24 Hours

In the last 24 hours…

chipmunk.jpg

…I was driven mad by a cricket in the house that was apparently stuck under the cat window bed. The cats couldn’t have cared less about the noise even though it was right under Aurora’s head!

…my alarm didn’t go off, which means I left about a 1/2 hour late, which means I didn’t get to shower, which means my hair looks like I left the conditioner in it, which means somehow it took me 2 hours to get into work, which means I should have stayed home.

…I almost hit a squirrel, I also almost hit a squirrel on Monday.

…I hit and killed a chipmunk and I’ll never be the same. Is there a cuter wild animal than a chipmunk? I will definitely burn in hell for this.

1. Amanda

September 10, 2008 at 11:34 am

I don’t think hitting a chipmunk with a car will make you burn in hell, unless you did it intentionally

2. whall

September 10, 2008 at 11:46 am

I wanna know specifically what the Presidential candidates are going to do about the out of control squirrel overpopulation.

3. bluepaintred

September 10, 2008 at 11:50 am

’bout ten years ago i was driving and swerved towards gopher sitting on the yellow line of the highway, after all, gophers are shy and skittish and ALWAYS run. But not this one, and I killed it.

wanna be roomates in hell?

September 10, 2008 at 11:55 am

Amanda – Not intentionally but maybe subconsciously but I can’t imagine why I’d have a problem with chipmunks. Raccoons maybe but not chipmunks.

Whall – Dammit, I do too! I’m writing a letter!

BPR – Well I have a feeling they may take you before me but please save me a seat.

5. B

September 10, 2008 at 12:25 pm

You killed Alvin?! Or was it Theodore? Simon maybe?

6. themuttprincess

September 10, 2008 at 9:00 pm

Awe.

You should have totally stayed home! And probably in bed.

Sorry!

Hope tomorrow is better!

(chipmunks are cute, but apparently not smart)

September 11, 2008 at 9:31 am

B – I have a sneaking suspicion it may have been Theodore.

TMP – Yeah, well their brains are probably about the size of thumbtacks. You’d still think that it doesn’t take much to know that big fast moving machines are something to avoid.