Bothersome

I’ve tried to put behind me something that has bothered me for a while now and I’ve decided I need to let it out. For some reason I didn’t mention this to anyone, not even Manly Man. I don’t know why, maybe I feel guilty or to blame in some way.

Please Login or Register to read the rest of this content.

I just had to get that out, I’m done now.

1. bluepaintred

September 8, 2008 at 12:59 pm

i might be missing out on stuff, but here is how I see it. You met? found? knew a lady who does photography and preceded to go to her website and her face book and her flikr – all of which would have examples of her work. Right? Then you hired this woman BECAUSE YOU LIKED WHAT YOU SAW. and she is MAD about it? WTF/

Also. those pictures? the wedding ones? You bought them, they are yours. did you sign a contract saying you could not put them online without linking her? Cus seriously/ Ive seen a LOT of wedding albums on facebook filled with professional done pictures and the closes to linking/tagging they get is to add a comment or note on the first picture, and most don’t even do THAT!

I would just be grateful for the wonderful wedding pics you have and ignore the lady. You have done NOTHING wrong

September 8, 2008 at 1:08 pm

Yeah, I know…I need to just let it go but it’s just unfortunate. I’m sick of people get all pissy and I have no idea why. Just come out and tell me what your problem is.

3. H.

September 8, 2008 at 1:09 pm

I’m with you, Robin. If she didn’t like something you did, she should have told you. I remember the stalker comment on her blog. Honestly, why wouldn’t you “stalk” her? You were excited! In her business, she should understand that. And a simple email asking you to link to her when you post her photos would have worked. Weird.

September 8, 2008 at 1:11 pm

Yeah, that’s what I think. I still can’t believe she didn’t even respond to my message. She posted some stuff recently about people being nice but passive aggressive, which I thought was ironic.

5. Jen

September 8, 2008 at 5:13 pm

She sounds extremely unprofessional in the way she has dealt with you. IMHO, if a client tried to befriend me on Flickr or Facebook, I would politely decline the invitation. Also, I would implicitly state to my client what their rights are to the pictures.

Posting entries on her blog about you is a sure way not to get referrals. She was not smart in doing that and needs to grow up!

6. themuttprincess

September 8, 2008 at 5:50 pm

That is a total bummer, because you seemed to enjoy your shoots and you were really excited about all the pictures and everything.

And where I come from that means referrals. LOTS of GREAT referrals… Which a normal person would want.

Apparently she is the crazy one!