Twilight Fanatics

So a bunch of you have read Twighlight and I’m just curious, why do you love it?

I’ve been asked to read it so I figured I’ll give it a try when the audiobook comes in. I don’t tend to like fantasy or sci-fi so I kind of figured this wasn’t going to be my thing and I’m also very critical of writing in books, movies and television. I don’t know much about it though, except it’s become a phenomenon.

I’ve been wrong before though and will give something a shot, what can it hurt?

So I’m just curious and Gemini I am not asking you because we’ve discussed it enough and I want other thoughts.

[tags]books[/tags]

1. Lucy

August 28, 2008 at 12:04 pm

I don’t know if I can explain it Robin. Really….it’s just captivating writing and a story that sucks you in. I am half way through the second book now, expect to finish it and the third one this weekend on our trip.

I would also recommend her book The Host. AWESOME. Not vampire related.

2. Amanda

August 28, 2008 at 3:19 pm

I’m not usually a fan of fantasty or scifi or whatever, but this is more of a love story than anything, I would saw. It’s super romantic and endearing.

3. H.

August 28, 2008 at 6:00 pm

The books are very well written, in my opinion. But, I just love to read. I don’t have a specific type of book I love most. The first one was really good. I wasn’t as excited about the second. I’m waiting for the third to arrive in the mail.

They’re not as fantasy like as Harry Potter. And they’re from the teenage girl’s point of view (Bella). You may like them if you like romance at all.

4. H.

August 28, 2008 at 6:01 pm

How come I have a rubber ducky by my name? I LOVE rubber duckies!

August 28, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Bella is a very compelling protagonist. She reminded me a lot of Winona Ryder’s character in Beetlejuice combined with her character in Heathers.

6. Gemini

August 29, 2008 at 8:38 am

Ok you know how I feel about it… So I will not gush here… but I just have to say… Avitable??? you read the book? I guess I shouldn’t be shocked… but That is soo cool!

lol anyway back to my cloud dreaming of a Edward/Bella romance… :heart: