Rambling Friday

• This was my usual bullet post for Wednesday but I decided I’d do it friday because of the Aurora stuff and the fact that almost nobody is around on Fridays.
  • My favorite show right now is definitely Swingtown and I don’t know of anyone else who watches it. Manly Man watches with me but I think only to point out all the stuff he remembers from the seventies: “Do you know that song? You don’t?? How do you not know that song???” Oh and there is a great Swingtown station on Last.Fm.
  • I finally got the first disc for Dexter via Netflix, Dark Creepy Robin is very pleased now πŸ‘Ώ
  • I was eating some Jelly Bellys the other day. The flavors I had in my bag were only coconut, buttered popcorn and cherry. I was horrified to find that 2 of the Jelly Bellys tasted like black liquorice, one of the few flavors I despise in the world. I don’t know whose joke that was but it was cruel for sure.
  • I saw an old man riding a bike the other day and I was immediately like “awwww, so cute” and then I got stuck at the next light because the old lady in the car ahead of me couldn’t drive faster than 15 MPH :banghead:
  • If you thought I was ever cranky about my fucked commute everyday to work the last few months wait until the next week. During the summer I can get to work in about an hour but once school goes back into session it’s back to 1 1/2 hours each way at LEAST. That’s 15 hours a week of driving not a measly 10. Please, kill me now πŸ˜₯

:clover: Big Update: We are pretty much officially going to Ireland. We “have” the money (saved from the wedding) and now my mom just has to book it (if anyone has any suggestions how to raise some extra spending cash let me know). We’re planning on October 10-19th and of course I will definitely need some big time guest posters. If you want in, just email me. :clover:

1. ed

August 22, 2008 at 9:30 am

its friday, and i am here!

ps how do i do my smiley?

August 22, 2008 at 9:34 am

Can you see the smilies? Either click it or use : ed : without the space.

3. edmcbride

August 22, 2008 at 9:43 am

i guess if i log in i can see the smilies lol

:ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed: :ed:

August 22, 2008 at 9:48 am

Damn, I thought I fixed that. Why is there always something to fix :banghead:

5. edmcbride

August 22, 2008 at 9:55 am

no worries, i always forget to log in!

6. B

August 22, 2008 at 10:00 am

Why are you blogging! You should be watching “Dexter!”

And WOOT for Ireland! :clap:

7. edmcbride

August 22, 2008 at 10:03 am

i’ve watch dexter ssn 1, will probably go out and get season 2 this weekend

8. H.

August 22, 2008 at 10:23 am

Holy shit woman! 1 1/2 hours? It takes me six minutes to get to work!

How do you become special enough to have your own smiley?

9. Amanda

August 22, 2008 at 11:48 am

Prostitution?

I have disc one waiting for me, but I have to wait for my boyfriend, so I don’t know when we’ll get to start watching. Maybe sunday night.

August 22, 2008 at 11:53 am

B – I can’t really watch Dexter at work, although I haven’t asked.

Ed – It’s so good already, we’ve watched the first 2 episodes.

H – I know, it’s pathetic. Well I do an interview, which I have done with you but shall I do a 5 Qs with you?

Amanda – Prostitution? I have a feeling Manly Man might rather if I’m actually going to have sex he’d like it to be with him rather than a stranger but then again, I would bring in extra money.

11. H.

August 22, 2008 at 12:03 pm

How about stripping? You could work at my favorite boobie bar and I’d buy lap dances from you. :robin: :clap:

5 Qs might be fun!

12. Heather B

August 22, 2008 at 2:31 pm

I love Jelly Bellies, what would this world be with out them????

90 mins each way to work and back??? OUCH!!!! That is how much time I spend to go see my girl but I only do that drive maybe twice a wk as I usually stay with her a few days when I do or she stays with me.

I know you will love Ireland woo hoo :dance:

August 22, 2008 at 2:45 pm

That will be a fun trip! I don’t think I can guest post during that week, though – I might be in Saint Croix for a wedding.

14. Amanda

August 22, 2008 at 4:48 pm

No, I meant Erik could be the prostitute, silly. Manwhores make good money.

15. edmcbride

August 22, 2008 at 5:10 pm

Erik couldn’t be a prostitute, he’d be too much of a diva.
    :ed:

16. metalmom

August 23, 2008 at 5:27 pm

I like Swingtown too. Why are there so few of us? Grant Show’s moustache is so cheesy but I’d still do him….with my Hubs watching? Uuuuummmm,NO.

August 23, 2008 at 6:54 pm

H – Well if you are the customer…

Heather – Good thing my man is right at home, I’d have no free time to visit him.

Avi – Ok, I suppose I can deal with that.

Amanda – He would make a great manwhore. He’s easy and he loves to wait on hand and foot.

Ed – As long as you snuggle him he’s not too much of a diva, oh and let him take a nap.

MM – I hope not so few it gets canceled, I’m sick of my shows getting canceled. I’m probably most into Susan and the other husband’s chemistry and also of course, the 70s style :thumbsup:

18. Caryn Caldwell

August 24, 2008 at 4:10 pm

Eww. I hate black licorice. It’s not candy; it’s punishment. And congratulations on your Ireland trip. Am so jealous!I’d love to see it someday. :clover:

August 25, 2008 at 8:41 am

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who hates that stuff :yuck:

20. Cheri

August 25, 2008 at 11:16 am

Yeah Ireland!! Can’t wait to see the pics! I watch Swingtown – trying to get CBS to let me see Friday’s show…so far no go. But I love that show!

August 25, 2008 at 11:18 am

There was no show Friday πŸ™

22. Cheri

August 25, 2008 at 3:47 pm

Well that’s just wrong I say! I can’t even remember what I was doing Friday that I missed (thought I had) it. Watching the Olympics probably. πŸ™‚