The Little Things
I am not sure I’ve shared much details of the wedding, it’s still almost too overwhelming to go into but at the same time I think I’ve forgotten a lot of it. Here are little snippets of details which is probably more interesting than several long drawn out babbling posts.
- I cried a lot the weekend of the wedding, from skinning my leg, the prospect of rain and just being so overwhelmed. I cried for about 20 minutes before the wedding because I wasn’t going to have my outdoor wedding. I’m still a little disappointed but as time goes on I care less and less.
- Last minute my dad wanted to change our first dance song (he couldn’t have thought about this in oh, the previous 16 months?) to Dream A Little Dream Of Me but when reading the lyrics it was well, not a father/daughter dance.
- I had 3 photographers at my wedding. My uncle (he’s done wedding photography before), Manly Man’s aunt (I had to force her to put the camera down once so she could dance) and the actual wedding photographer Rachel.
- My dad told my brother to edit out in the video all the parts with the converse sneakers in it. When my brother told me I informed him to ignore our father 😀
- As far as I know there were no complaints about our Dr. Seuss vows and I remember a moment where there were a few giggles :lmfao:
- There were people at the wedding I don’t even remember seeing, how is that possible? It was under 100 people! :omg:
- The song I walked down the isle to was the song from Brokeback Mountain. This was by far one of the top 5 things of the wedding I was most excited about. Since the wedding was inside and the walk down the isle was so short they barely got to play any of it 🙁
- I saw family friends I haven’t seen in years, I kept crying because I couldn’t believe everyone came just for the two of us. I felt really special, and not in the short bus kind of way.
- A lot of people left early, it was expected with some people especially those that came from far away but close family members left early, I was kind of surprised.
- One thing I always remember from weddings is if the food was bad, everyone raved about the food :thumbsup:
- Did you see MIL’s dress? Nuff said.