The Little Things

I am not sure I’ve shared much details of the wedding, it’s still almost too overwhelming to go into but at the same time I think I’ve forgotten a lot of it. Here are little snippets of details which is probably more interesting than several long drawn out babbling posts.

• I cried a lot the weekend of the wedding, from skinning my leg, the prospect of rain and just being so overwhelmed. I cried for about 20 minutes before the wedding because I wasn’t going to have my outdoor wedding. I’m still a little disappointed but as time goes on I care less and less.
  • Last minute my dad wanted to change our first dance song (he couldn’t have thought about this in oh, the previous 16 months?) to Dream A Little Dream Of Me but when reading the lyrics it was well, not a father/daughter dance.
  • I had 3 photographers at my wedding. My uncle (he’s done wedding photography before), Manly Man’s aunt (I had to force her to put the camera down once so she could dance) and the actual wedding photographer Rachel.
  • My dad told my brother to edit out in the video all the parts with the converse sneakers in it. When my brother told me I informed him to ignore our father 😀
  • As far as I know there were no complaints about our Dr. Seuss vows and I remember a moment where there were a few giggles :lmfao:
  • There were people at the wedding I don’t even remember seeing, how is that possible? It was under 100 people! :omg:
  • The song I walked down the isle to was the song from Brokeback Mountain. This was by far one of the top 5 things of the wedding I was most excited about. Since the wedding was inside and the walk down the isle was so short they barely got to play any of it 🙁
  • I saw family friends I haven’t seen in years, I kept crying because I couldn’t believe everyone came just for the two of us. I felt really special, and not in the short bus kind of way.
  • A lot of people left early, it was expected with some people especially those that came from far away but close family members left early, I was kind of surprised.
  • One thing I always remember from weddings is if the food was bad, everyone raved about the food :thumbsup:
  • Did you see MIL’s dress? Nuff said.

2737792165_640370e63e_b.jpg

[tags]wedding, mil[/tags]

1. crystal

August 7, 2008 at 8:58 am

I think it took a little while for people to finally “get” that they were Dr. Seuss vows. I know that where we were sitting (towards the back) it was difficult to hear them, and I probably wouldn’t have known what was being said if I hadn’t have already read them here, so there may be a bunch of folks who still have no idea 😛

Don’t worry, I had to email a copy of our vows to Ed’s Mom after the wedding. We were outside, in a stone temple structure, and she didn’t hear things from the 10′ away.

2. H.

August 7, 2008 at 8:59 am

I can’t wait until I have some time to look at all the pics!

I walked down the isle to Orinoco Flow by Enya.

August 7, 2008 at 9:08 am

Crystal – Good to know, maybe I’ll post them on my site.

H – That’s a pretty song.

4. H.

August 7, 2008 at 9:51 am

I like it. 😀 Roscoe and I used to listen to Enya all the time at bedtime. I’ve always loved the hopeful feel to that song.

5. Amanda

August 7, 2008 at 9:52 am

That’s a sexy dress your MIL has on

6. Cheri

August 7, 2008 at 10:03 am

Ok so where can I find those vows?
    And that dress. Doesn’t she know they have undergarments that would make it look so much better?! lol

August 7, 2008 at 10:22 am

H – Well it’s all about pleasing me you know.

Amanda – A little too sexy and unflattering.

Cheri – I just posted the vows here.

8. B

August 7, 2008 at 10:31 am

I can’t imagine the crazyness that a wedding involves and seriously, changing a song last minute?!

August 7, 2008 at 10:50 am

I know, I really couldn’t believe it when he called me about that :twitchy:

10. themuttprincess

August 7, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Love the dress MIL had. Totally wedding approved!

Sorry your song was cut short!

Having great food at a wedding is IMPORTANT!

11. Tara

August 7, 2008 at 1:10 pm

You have to learn to become a demanding bitch, like me. 🙂 My aisle was short b/c we got married in the backyard. But I told the string quartet to play the entire song (Pachelbel’s Canon in D) because I loved it and I wanted to hear it. After I got to my guy and the officiant, we just stood there and listened for a good two minutes. It was beautiful.

And as for that dress, thanks. I feel MUCH better about my MIL’s dress. And that’s saying something, kid.

August 7, 2008 at 1:12 pm

TMP – Maybe we can get a dress just like that for you!

Tara – Do you offer classes in that?

13. Gemini

August 7, 2008 at 1:29 pm

MIL dress :paperbag:

it was wrong… and even my mom that never says anything bad about anyone mentioned it to me…

14. metalmom

August 7, 2008 at 1:59 pm

Mil? Yuck-o.

I think the converse pictures are all very charming and an intrinsic part of your personality to shine through. I’m glad they didn’t get edited out!