One More Time For Those In The Back

I don’t have to do this but I am, for my own peace of mind. This will be private though because anyone who doesn’t have access here I don’t care what they think but I want everyone else to know the actual facts and not what some believe to be the truth.

Please Login or Register to read the rest of this content.

Anymore questions? I’m having comments open so keep that in mind. After this post I’m not discussing it anymore, I should never have had to in the first place.

1. Amanda

July 16, 2008 at 12:29 pm

I didn’t know what everyone was talking about until Dawg linked to it today. I think it’s a load of crap. You don’t owe anyone anything. I know its for your own peace of mind, but still.

2. The Absurdist

July 16, 2008 at 12:58 pm

You don’t have to spell it out to me. I think it makes total sense that you and he got married early for the health insurance. I delayed my divorce to my first husband so I could maintain health insurance until I found a job that covered me. And that worked out fine, and it was almost a year’s delay. Of course, we separated and stuff.

As for the wedding, geez, I mean, who cares who paid for it? And I think that it’s awesome that you used your potential inheritence to create an event where everyone could come together and celebrate. I mean you could have used it for anything, but you used it for others. I think that’s pretty cool.

And fuck ’em. And no one got my cunt blog. **sigh** And I thought it was so obvious.

3. turnbaby

July 16, 2008 at 3:23 pm

I’m sorry you are having to deal with the asshats sugar.

They’ll move on to something new.

4. cheri

July 16, 2008 at 4:27 pm

I’m glad you got to celebrate your wedding and do things the way you wanted. It is afterall all about you – and well the hubby to of course LOL

5. Tara

July 16, 2008 at 6:36 pm

I would never justify or explain anything I did, especially to idiots. Perhaps you should do that from now on. 🙂

July 16, 2008 at 6:53 pm

I did it for myself, not for them. Not that they can read it since it’s private.

7. sodapop

July 16, 2008 at 8:59 pm

I think the actual wedding and reception is always for the family and friends, anyway.

I agree with Turnbaby, it’s a shame you had to deal with the haters. But I personally think you handled it very well. Kudos to you for the being the adult throughout this whole thing.

8. Chatty

July 16, 2008 at 9:08 pm

I guess I don’t understand why you felt like you had to post this. I mean I do, certainly, but you know us, but only from what you read of us. I appreciate you wanting to spell it out, but it’s really none of our business you know? It’s your life, your marriage, your everything. We are all just visitors. That site just pisses me off and the people behind it make me sick to my stomach. Don’t feed into their shit because they are loving every minute of it.

9. ivoryfrog

July 17, 2008 at 2:09 am

hey I managed to log in. woo hoo!
    :dance:

I don’t think it is anyone else’s business but yours and your hubbys when you actually got married…. after all who actually goes to the wedding to see the actually marriage bit? Most go for the celebration, to party and have fun right? From the looks of your pics your wedding was certainly a celebration! :hug:

As for who paid for what – again no-ones business! Everyone looks like they had a great time. What could be a better way to spend the money? I can’t think of one…

As for that other site that was linked to with all the nasty posting – Those folks sure must have a lot of hate in their hearts to want to potentially spoil your day/memories of the day… don’t let them. Its probably just jealousy you know………
    :hug:

July 17, 2008 at 7:53 am

Nothing is ruined for me, not in the least. It was the most amazing day, I really couldn’t have asked for more. I really only posted this so my friends knew the truth, that was important to me. I know some weren’t sure of all the details. Now you all know and now it’s over, at least on my end.

11. Gemini

July 17, 2008 at 8:40 am

:kiss: I am glad that you got to do this for yourself. It is good to air it out for your own piece of mind.

Anyway…. On to the funny shit… :rock:

12. themuttprincess

July 17, 2008 at 1:40 pm

Everyone does things for their own reasons.

I do not see anything wrong with how you did it, and you seem happy about it all.

You were going to be getting married anyhow, so I do not see why doing it early was such a big deal. (plus, it probably saved you $$, and that is important!!)

July 17, 2008 at 1:42 pm

It certainly did. We were not in a good financial place at that point and we’re certainly not well off either so we couldn’t afford to live for a few months with expensive healthcare. I am very happy and have no regrets about any of it.

14. Miss Britt

July 17, 2008 at 9:22 pm

I hope writing this helps you have some kind of “closure” on this whole shitstorm.

And that it passes you by. Quickly.