I Can’t Believe She Left Us In Charge

Hi all, Gwenhwyfar here. Robin is off this week, getting married or something. Oh and that’s not the really silly part either. She’s getting married in Massachusetts (I could be wrong though, the dictionary says that MA also stands for Military Academy, Mental Age, Master of Arts, one’s mother and Yo-Yo Ma), so my plans to crash her wedding were completely shot to hell.

I begged and I pleaded with her to come to Canada to get married but she wouldn’t budge. So I figured that if I couldn’t go to the wedding, I could at very least do all the fun shit I would have done if I had gotten to go. One bag of rice, two hours, one over-priced, weirdo wedding DJ, five Martinis and three bottles of wine later I think I got the entire wedding experience.

Now all Robin has to do is to stick the pictures in with the rest of the wedding stuff and no one will ever know that I couldn’t actually be there.

It’s early and I’m still smiling nice for the camera. Or is that plotting? I always get those two confused.

Good, no one’s looking. That right, everybody stare at Robin.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…..

Throwing rice at the happy couple.

“The Bride Cuts The Cake”? Good grief. Thank God for my two favourite words, “Free booze”.

Damn these small glasses!

Man, I love you guys. Really, you’re like… my best friends. This wine is awesome!

Catch the bouquet? You’ve got to be shitting me.

No, you’re the best.

I’ll tell you when I’ve had enough!

Hahahaha… marflinfna adkinnfsda pfffffft hahahahahaha

mrrffm bfflmmrr mffffff…. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz….

Man, I had an awesome time at your wedding. You looked beautiful, by the way. And what a great party.

Congrats guys!

:gwen:

1. bluepaintred

June 19, 2008 at 2:06 am

LMAO! that was excellent gwen! :rock:

2. Gwenhwyfar

June 19, 2008 at 2:13 am

Thanks! Someone had to be there to teach them to party Saskatchewan style, right?

3. Bucky

June 19, 2008 at 6:18 am

I want to party with you!

:clap:

4. Janna

June 19, 2008 at 6:58 am

For someone like me who loves photoshopping people into “interesting” situations, this post is pure gold.
    Just a sec, let me save these into a folder for future use….

5. Janna

June 19, 2008 at 6:59 am

Ooooh, wait, I HAVE to use this smiley, because it looks like that thing you put on your wall!

:gwen:

LOL…. and the smiley is even called “Gwen”!!
    Perfect.

June 19, 2008 at 8:09 am

This was kickass, I feel like you were right there with me…and in my own head you were but in my head you live in our spare room and make me martinis when I come home from work :martini:

Funny you mention Yo-Yo Ma, Erik mentions him all the time since he’s a cellist and all…and Erik fixes them.

June 19, 2008 at 8:11 am

Dammit, I want to subscribe to this…not used to subscribing to my own site.

8. whall

June 19, 2008 at 8:37 am

great post.

At first I thought, “man, a loser wrote a guest post and it’s gonna be boring and mushy and me-me-me” and you’re not a loser at all!

9. Jen

June 19, 2008 at 11:34 am

How did you get to do a guest post! I’m so jealous!!! Robin needs to do a string of guest posters from Canada…nudge nudge!

Great post Gwen!

10. Amanda

June 19, 2008 at 11:56 am

That was great!

It was much funnier than mine… maybe I should have gone first
    instead of last. You set a high example.

11. Gwen

June 19, 2008 at 12:16 pm

Buckey – All we need to do is convince all the bloggers to come to Saskatchewan and party here. Then you’ve got yourself a deal.

Janna – Oh dear… how did I not see that coming. (And I love my smiley soooo much, especially now that I have my very own scythe.)

Robin – Thanks! I’m just glad I didn’t make your site explode of something. And Erik fixes Cellists? Cool!

Whall – Hey, I may be a loser but I’m never a boring, mushy me-me-me loser.

Jen – I answered the call of Robin. She asked for guest posters and I said “hey, I know how to post and I’ve been a guest before. I’m practically overqualified.”

Amanada – That may be true, but I’m doubting your post will make your neighbours question your sanity.

12. Gwen

June 19, 2008 at 12:17 pm

And on a side note… Holy fuck, my graveyard tan is awesome!

:gwen: