I’ve Been To Hell

Please Login or Register to read the rest of this content.

1. metalmom

June 9, 2008 at 9:02 am

I have 25 nieces and nephews. I am SO Chuckie Cheese’d out. Even my own kids hated that place after a while. UGH! Kid parties!!! :fu: <–I can say that here, can’t I?

2. Amanda

June 9, 2008 at 10:42 am

I’ve been to a few first birthday parties, and non were that anal. I promise you that kid won’t care what you all said nine years ago, when he’s 10.

June 9, 2008 at 10:48 am

Metalmom – Not only can you say that here you’ll be loved more by saying it.

Amanda – Oh I’m sure, is it bad I put “Life is a journey, not a destination” on the letter I wrote for him?

June 9, 2008 at 11:00 am

Why the fuck did you go to that party?

June 9, 2008 at 11:01 am

Because she’s one of my bridesmaids…that’s why I went.

6. bluepaintred

June 9, 2008 at 11:09 am

LOLz ! My first kid, when he turned one, we had like 31 people there, we paid almost 50 bucks for the cake and god knows how much on decorations.

But my first born, on the occasion of his first birthday was, yaknow, ONE, and TEETHING, and CRANKY and dammit, I made him nap through most of it while we adults smoked and drank coffee and ate the too expensive winnie the pooh cake.

June 9, 2008 at 11:13 am

You’re wayyy too nice. :avi:

8. musings

June 9, 2008 at 11:14 am

what the fuck?! That’s a nightmare child waiting to happen. And you stayed the
    the WHOLE TIME?

You should have taken a picture of the girls and hid it somewhere for him to find
    nine years from now…and have her walk in on him as he’s touching himself. Yea,
    that would be worth it 😀
    :rock:

June 9, 2008 at 11:18 am

BPR – Yeah, I wouldn’t mind that.

Avi – Tell me something I don’t know. Although maybe the way I see her party is how she sees my wedding

Ro – Tell me about it, yeah I stayed until I noticed the baby was starting to get cranky and I thought “yeah me too, I’m outta here”. :eyebrow:

10. Maureen

June 9, 2008 at 3:08 pm

You know – I think you said it very well, when you said, ‘Although maybe the way I see her party is how she sees my wedding’.

While I agree, the party as you described it was way too ‘controlled’ for my own personal taste, I think it’s great that as a friend, you’re jumping in & celebrating the important things in her life, even if you’re not right there with her, experiencing them, and understanding the excitement on a personal level, too.

Friends do that kind of thing for each other.

June 9, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Yes, that’s why I was there. It wasn’t the actual party, it was that it was a little over-the-top but you are right, I’m pretty sure she thinks that of my wedding.

12. Jen

June 9, 2008 at 3:34 pm

I saw a show once (can’t remember which one) where people were paying $500 ore more on their kids 1st b-day party. Give me a break!

What your friend put on was way over the top in my opinion. It sounds like it was more for her than the child.

June 10, 2008 at 8:39 am

I think for me, it was kind of like she was trying to prove something…that was what really irked me. It was like, I get you want lots of pictures, lots of gifts for him and great memories but all these games are a little crazy.