It’s Approved, I Am A Bitch

I just had to tell one of my BM’s her adorable son is welcome at my wedding, I just wanted to go over some details regarding it because I don’t want him to steal my thunder.

Feel free to bitch slap me now…

1. bluepaintred

May 13, 2008 at 3:51 pm

I do not think you are a bitch, and I have three adorable sons of my own

my rule when it comes to weddings. unless my child is actually participating in the wedding, they do not come to the church, they do not come to the supper. they are allowed at the dance, where everyone is noisy anyway!

i would HATE to be at a weeding, watching the couple say their vows only to have one of my kids pipe up with a question or a cry, thus ruining the moment.

bluepaintreds last blog post..Snakes In My Motherfucking head

2. Amanda

May 13, 2008 at 8:14 pm

The last three weddings I’ve been too have been adult only, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. It’s your day.

Amandas last blog post..Listen To The Music Of The Moment, People Dance And Sing

May 13, 2008 at 8:24 pm

I know, it still sucks to tell someone this but I’m trying to stand up for myself and what I want for that day. It’s hard, I don’t like being a bride 😀

4. themuttprincess

May 14, 2008 at 10:16 am

My son only comes with if it is a family member (and i know other kids will be there). Otherwise he stays with someone else….

themuttprincesss last blog post..Because I can.

5. Maureen

May 14, 2008 at 12:18 pm

My niece got married last weekend. Jim got himself a haircut the day before & dressed up all snazzy in a suit. He was looking so nice that he was afraid he would be prettier than the bride.

He wasn’t 😀

And, hopefully your friend knows how to be a responsible parent, when teaching her child how to behave at public events. Kids (like adults) have their limits and, after that limit is reached, their adult needs to take responsibility for their child’s behavior (taking them out of the situation, if necessary).

For a different take on it – some brides actually love having children at their wedding. I know that my niece did. She has fond memories of being at her aunts & uncles weddings when she was little herself. And, she loves kids. That’s a big part *for her* of what *her* marriage is about – combining families, creating a new one, kids & all.

You have every right, though, to have only the guests that you invite to come to your wedding. And, you have every right to expect *all* of your guests to behave politely (adults and kids), and to ask them to leave if they don’t.

May 14, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Thanks guys, I think we came to a solid middle ground. Luckily most people aren’t bringing their kids and her son is VERY well behaved for his age. I told her that her husband needs to be the one to take care of him throughout the night and just kind of keep him at the table. Not like the entire time, just not let him wander off and stuff. So I think it will be fine.

7. The Absurdist

May 15, 2008 at 8:13 am

You are nice. Most weddings request no children, and there is always a hubbub about it. You think that people would understand why people don’t want children (except the flower girl and ring bearer) at the wedding…

The Absurdists last blog post..Look at my cute poopitos