Shower Recap

I’m at work today, blah. The shower yesterday was beautifully done and I owe so much to my MOH, my BM K, my mother and my MOH’s mother as well. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t have had a shower at all.

To be the pessimist I am, I am a bit sad. I’m not sad anymore that my other BM didn’t go or that my former BFF just didn’t feel like coming. I am sad that 15 people didn’t RSVP or show up. That sure makes a girl feel great.

I am so appreciative to those who did care enough to come and loved me that much. It was so great to see them all. I am especially grateful to those who came a really far distance, I’ll always and forever remember that.

As for gifts, I’m sure you’d like to know, this was my all time favorite gift(although all of them were awesome)!

We had the BEST night sleep last night because of these. Erik got the softest one because he’s a stomach sleeper and I got the medium soft one because I am all over the place.

And that’s it, now I can forget about everything and just relax. The next 2 months I am focusing on myself and nobody else because I can.

Private post up, log in if you wanna read!

1. The Absurdist

April 21, 2008 at 8:35 am

You know, starting with my generation (genx, you actually fall into gen Y) people stopped RSVP’ing. It’s totally rude. My parents taught me differently, and it drives me nuts when people don’t RSVP (except for my sci-fi group, cuz that’s no big deal).

Love the pillows. Saw them on the registry. I love great pillows!!!

The Absurdist’s last blog post..Girly Girl Series: Purses

April 21, 2008 at 9:32 am

I hate when people don’t RSVP. I will actually take it personally.

Avitable’s last blog post..Embarrassing myself

April 21, 2008 at 9:35 am

Chelle – Yeah, I always RSVP.

Avi – Same here, I can’t wait to see the list of people invited.

April 21, 2008 at 11:00 am

People who do not RSVP are scum.

You have to work on Patriot’s Day?

Mr. Fabulous’s last blog post..Arm hurts. Major owie. Send painkillers.

April 21, 2008 at 11:01 am

It’s a floater holiday and I need to save up my days.

6. Amanda

April 21, 2008 at 11:08 am

I’m glad you ended up having a good time in the end.

Amanda’s last blog post..I Don’t Want To Fake It

7. themuttprincess

April 21, 2008 at 11:11 am

I love the pillows!!!

Glad your shower went well, and that sucks that people didn’t show up, or RSVP.

I had a baby shower for one of my BFF’s and we invited over 20 people, less than 5 RSVP’d. It kinda sucks for planning things…

themuttprincess’s last blog post..This is my embarassing post of the week.

April 21, 2008 at 11:12 am

Amanda – 😀

Mutt – Yeah it sucks. My MOH did “regrets only” so she planned the shower around 30 people when only like 10 came.

9. Maureen

April 21, 2008 at 11:39 am

I’m glad that you had a beautiful shower!

My niece’s shower was a couple of weekends ago & all of us old married folks were sitting there, jealous of all of the wonderful gifts, thinking that we should start a new tradition of the ’10 year anniversary shower’ to replace all of the old stuff with wonderful new stuff 😀

10. Cheri

April 21, 2008 at 11:50 am

Cool – new pillows rock. I’m glad you enjoyed your shower. Now some time to relax until the wedding – when is the wedding again?

Cheri’s last blog post..Finally

April 21, 2008 at 11:51 am

Maureen – Hey, why not?

Cheri – June 22nd, I’ll relax when I can calm down again.

12. DutchBitch

April 21, 2008 at 1:40 pm

Wooohoooo. Glad you had such a good time. It was about time something relating to the wedding would be good and uncomplicated (assuming it was… )

DutchBitch’s last blog post..Pre-Coffee Booger

April 21, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Yeah the shower itself was pretty relaxing and uncomplicated.

14. Cheri

April 22, 2008 at 1:42 pm

June 22nd – just a few days after my BDAY…I shoudl be able to remember that lol

Cheris last blog post..Job hunting

15. Coffee in Kits

April 23, 2008 at 1:06 am

I’m so happy for you!
    Just keep me informed on this one thing; do you experience more / different dreams now that you have a new pillow? Because I’m not sleeping on my usual pillow and am having these weird-ass dreams…

Coffee in Kitss last blog post..How romantic

April 23, 2008 at 7:32 am

Cheri – Good to know.

Coffee – I had a really weird dream last night actually.