Setbacks

Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead. — Les Brown

It’s painfully hard for me not to get hurt. I have to work really hard to find my own way to deal with it. But I have always been able to look beyond everything to see the truth and to accept a new reality but it can take a lot of time. It’s not easy but I’ve certainly done it before. I have to be willing to let things go, to walk away.

No more expectations, today is today. Any disappointments are only a way to lead me in a new direction, a better one.

* Today I am going out to get stuff done for myself for the shower, like get my hair cut…it needs it so bad!

April 19, 2008 at 9:27 am

I am not sure what transpired to inspire this post, but I know that you will prevail!

Mr. Fabulous’s last blog post..The Sport of Kings

2. The Absurdist

April 19, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Well, the first thing to do is get naked in the house in the morning and tweet about it.

Then go get your hair done. I hope you feel better girl.

And please tell me what categories to go to when you do these private posts, because I can’t get to them without going directly to the category.

Have a great day!!

The Absurdist’s last blog post..Mini-blog: 20Q Calendar Lineup

April 19, 2008 at 3:47 pm

Fab – I always do.

Chelle – I think I’m going to get my hair done tomorrow before the shower. I hope I am not insane.

4. Tara

April 19, 2008 at 3:47 pm

I quote Lorelai Gilmore: A setback is just a set up for something better.

*hugs*

5. DutchBitch

April 20, 2008 at 3:17 am

I know it’s not easy but I think this is a very healthy attitude towards anything in life, really. You will do it!

DutchBitch’s last blog post..Dutch-A-Pimpin?: Confessions of a Coal Miners Granddaughter

6. Coffee in Kits

April 21, 2008 at 3:08 am

What’s done is done. Let the past be the past.
    Look up, smell your morning coffee and start a wonderful new day…
    I hope your shower was awesome; you deserve it!

Coffee in Kits’s last blog post..Stoopid