Personalizing My Voicemail

I’m starting to think I should personalize my voicemail (on my cell phone) to weed out some of the unnecessary *cough*MIL*cough* voicemails I get. I hate checking voicemail only to find out it’s nothing I really need to know. If it’s not important, then email me, and I will probably delete it still but I’ll be much less annoyed. voicemail.gif

So here is my idea for my new outgoing message:

You’ve reached Robin’s voicemail and before you consider leaving a message please consider if any of the following pertain to the message you plan to leave:

1. An episode of Oprah or Dr. Phil you think I should watch.
  2. A detailed description of everything you did that day.
  3. A detailed description of what you plan to do tomorrow.
  4. Looking for your son who is not answering his cell phone.
  5. Which of my decisions I should “re-evaluate”.

If I get any messages on my voicemail that resemble any of the points I just mentioned the message will automatically be deleted and you will move down another notch on my list of people I tolerate.

Note: Leaving dirty messages for me is different, especially by Fab.

————————–

Oh and I am having another contest but this one will go on for a while. You can read about it over at my WedBlog šŸ˜€

1. The Absurdist

March 5, 2008 at 8:09 am

You also need to customize your ring tone so that MIL calls in, it plays “Cruella DeVille.”

The Absurdist’s last blog post..20Q Wednesday: Fondlin? Fab

2. DutchBitch

March 5, 2008 at 9:17 am

If you think that will totally cover any chance that certain people *cough*MIL*cough* will leave a voicemail, go ahead… Just be sure to cover ALL bases and leave no room for new interpretation… Just sayin.. I’ve dealt with people like that *cough*MILS*cough* in the past

DutchBitch’s last blog post..Acrylic nails, ass pictures and a motherheart

March 5, 2008 at 10:04 am

My voicemail just says “Hi you’ve reached Adam and Amy. We don’t check this voicemail. Bye!”

Avitable’s last blog post..Orlando survived . . . barely.

4. themuttprincess

March 5, 2008 at 11:31 am

I never leave messages unless I have been trying to reach the person for something important.

And I check my messages possibly monthly. Maybe. I suck and delete 99%….

So I understand.

themuttprincess’s last blog post..When I Was Your Age?.

5. Jen

March 5, 2008 at 11:37 am

OMG You have the MIL from hell and you’re not even married yet!

Jen’s last blog post..I think I’m addicted to blogging

6. gemini

March 5, 2008 at 3:12 pm

You guys have no idea… LOL

our MIL is NUTS!!!!!

gemini’s last blog post..The never ending mind orgasm?.

7. B

March 5, 2008 at 7:55 pm

I’m horrible at checking my VM and most people know it. I normally go a few weeks before checking. šŸ˜€

B’s last blog post..Oh Lookie!

8. Swizzle Stick

March 6, 2008 at 1:56 am

Bob Saget is coming to town! He is doing a liveshow on 3/8!

Swizzle Stick’s last blog post..Our Week of Shit

March 6, 2008 at 7:46 am

< strong>Chelle – Actually I think I’m going to make it Symphony #5.

Dutchy – Oh I KNOW it won’t. I once changed my vm to “if you are calling looking for your son just hang up now because I will not give him the message” but she still does it.

Avi – This might just have to be the way to go.

Mutt – You are smart.

Jen – You have NO idea.

Gemini – You tell em!

B – Most know now to just email me, it’s the only way to get me.

Swizzle – In Boston??