Personalizing My Voicemail
I’m starting to think I should personalize my voicemail (on my cell phone) to weed out some of the unnecessary *cough*MIL*cough* voicemails I get. I hate checking voicemail only to find out it’s nothing I really need to know. If it’s not important, then email me, and I will probably delete it still but I’ll be much less annoyed.
So here is my idea for my new outgoing message:
You’ve reached Robin’s voicemail and before you consider leaving a message please consider if any of the following pertain to the message you plan to leave:
- An episode of Oprah or Dr. Phil you think I should watch.
- A detailed description of everything you did that day.
- A detailed description of what you plan to do tomorrow.
- Looking for your son who is not answering his cell phone.
- Which of my decisions I should “re-evaluate”.
If I get any messages on my voicemail that resemble any of the points I just mentioned the message will automatically be deleted and you will move down another notch on my list of people I tolerate.
Note: Leaving dirty messages for me is different, especially by Fab.
Oh and I am having another contest but this one will go on for a while. You can read about it over at my WedBlog 😀