How’s My Makeup?

Makeup, originally uploaded by Robin Etc..

I almost never put on makeup. I think because my mom doesn’t wear much makeup so that’s kind of how I was raised. Right here I only have on a powder but it’s this new mineral powder and I really like it.

It’s light but covers up nicely. I have been breaking out lately most likely from stress. I should probably try some eye liner or something but you know…one step at a time. I don’t want to go overboard either, I’m just not a big makeup girl.

Anyway, did I put on too much? Is it the wrong color?

1. Frankie

February 27, 2008 at 8:55 am

Looks nice. Blended good. I love bare essentials I use that when I do wear makeup. Which isn’t very often.

Frankie’s last blog post..Todays Tweets 2008-02-26

2. Amanda

February 27, 2008 at 10:52 am

It looks well blended. I usually just wear eye liner and mascara, my skin is super dry so when I put on foundation my skin flakes off and it’s gross

Amanda’s last blog post..Who’s That Knocking At My Door?

3. Jen

February 27, 2008 at 9:42 pm

You can hardly tell you’re wearing any – you look great!

Jen’s last blog post..Shocking!

February 28, 2008 at 7:56 am

Frankie – Before the big day I may order Bare Essentials just to have top quality.

Amanda – The only issue for me with wearing powder or foundation is my skin tends to feel a little irritated or itchy.

Jen – Thanks!!!

5. The Absurdist

February 28, 2008 at 8:20 am

Fantastic! Are you wearing bare essentials? I thought I was going to have to pull the old makeup out for our video. But now that I know you are wearing mineral makeup, our video is going to be so much better.

Here’s what we are going to need for the video:

1. Summer bisque, or bisque
    2. Warmth
    3. Mineral vail, or glee, or bare radiance (latter preferable)
    4. Two eyeshadows. Get a light one for all over, and get a darker one for depth. Your eyes are just like mine. Here’s what I use:
    Eyeshadow: cultured pearl (works for everyone), Queen tiffany: these two would look great on most anyone, and it doesn’t look fake.
    5. I need you to get “well rested”
    6. Please do get glee, or something, or go to the bare essentials store and get a blush.
    7. You will need an eyeshadow brush that goes with bare essentials. Otherwise, the eyeshadow will be a bitch to apply.
    8. Make sure you have another brush for the application of the mineral veil or glee. We will use the other brush to apply warmth, and cleaning the brush after warmth is a pain in the ass.
    9. I want you to go to walgreens and get a liquid eyeliner that is brown.
    10. Please get an eyelash curler.
    11. We will need for you to get some mascara. We will only be putting it on the top lashes.
    12. I need you to get a natural lip liner. Something that has a bit of color, but nothing too heavy.
    13. When you go to bare essentials, pick up the lip gloss called Brandi. They will know exactly what you are talking about.

You and I have the same coloring, and I try to do my makeup so it looks natural, but good. It’s expensive what I am asking you to get, but it will last forever.

Call me and we can talk about it.

The Absurdist’s last blog post..New Contest: Need Your Ideas

6. The Absurdist

February 28, 2008 at 8:21 am

Oh, and you can go to Ulta if you don’t have a Bare Essentials store near you. They sell it.

The Absurdist’s last blog post..New Contest: Need Your Ideas

7. The Absurdist

February 28, 2008 at 8:22 am

Oh, and the earlier you get it, the better. It takes a lot of practice and play to use the bare essentials so that you get it just the way you want.

The Absurdist’s last blog post..New Contest: Need Your Ideas