Sensitive?

Do you have one thing in particular you are really sensitive about?

Mine is probably my weight, I get really pissed if anyone brings it up because it’s none of their damn business. That’s the one topic I like people to leave alone because it’s not your problem it’s mine.

1. Amanda

February 7, 2008 at 3:17 pm

I hate it when people ask me and mike when we’re getting married. I’m 23. Yes, we’ve been dating for almost 5 years, but we’re way too young. Ooh and I hated it when people would ask me why I wasn’t in school when I had dropped out.

Amanda’s last blog post..Going Tick Tick Tick Tick

2. Jen

February 7, 2008 at 5:21 pm

When ppl question me about the decisions I’ve made about how I rear my child.

That and when someone points out that my attitude stinks.

Both usually come from my mom. :yuck:

Jen’s last blog post..It finally stopped, for now!

3. Crystal

February 7, 2008 at 7:11 pm

I hate when people harass me about not having kids – they remind me of the people who ask random strangers if they’ve found Jesus yet.

As for other things, I’m totally sensitive about weight, the fact that I constantly fidget, and my unmatched boobs (I call the pair my “variety rack”).

Crystal’s last blog post..Yum!

February 8, 2008 at 10:16 am

Amanda – I was lucky (sort of) that I never had pressure to get married as my parent’s did care and uhm the first 3 years of our relationship he was still legally married to someone else :eyebrow:

Jen – Yeah my family has given me shit about my weight for as long as I can remember and it sucks.

Crystal – That is a big one for me, nobody should ever pressure or question anyone about having a child. It’s a big decision and it takes very intelligent and strong person to realize it may not be the right choice for them.

5. The Absurdist

February 8, 2008 at 10:25 am

I meant to comment on this yesterday, but I spent two and a half hours waiting at my groomers because she was running late and kept saying, 20 more minutes. Ugh.

I am also very sensitive about my weight. I am very overweight, and I use it as a tool to keep people away from me. It’s emotional more than anything else. I have this fear that if I become thin, I won’t be able to keep it up, since that’s been the problem in the past. But it’s more about respect for my body and getting rid of my emotional issues about my body more than anything else.

I am also very sensitive, because I pick my lips. I don’t chew at them. I pick the skin off of them. I have done this since I was six. And when I pick them, they bleed. They are very embarrassing. Again, some kind of emotional issue, but now I pick them because the healing part drives me nuts. I try. I get nails, but I can still pick them. I cut my nails back as far as I can, but I wuold have to do it every day, and the more I clip them, the faster they grow. It’s awful. There is only one thing that makes my lips heal overnight; Sylvadine cream. It’s used for burns and for road rash. I keep forgetting to ask my doctor for it. But I need to go see the dermatologist, so I will ask for it. That will be a tough one, since I need to put it on my lips. Maybe they won’t think it’s a big deal; but the reason I tried it was because my grandmother was a dumbass and got into a pseudo-car accident and got road rash, and I used it just for shits and grins, and it worked!

The Absurdist’s last blog post..Freewriting Friday

February 8, 2008 at 10:32 am

The Absurdist – We really do have a lot in common. I think I have a similar thing about being thin, I’m too afraid to do it because gaining the weight back is crushing. I need to learn to come to peace with myself and just be healthy and go from there.

Oh and I bite my lips, so much so that they often bleed.

7. gemini

February 8, 2008 at 10:45 am

I am sensitive if any one brings into question my intelligence; anything/anyone that makes me feel like I am Stupid. By correcting me or acting like they know more about something I may be talking about.

It really makes me start to question myself and I start to get defensive and bitchy… Now if I feel threatened like this in any way I just blast back… sometimes it isn’t meant in the way that I take it but I can’t seem to help it due to my “sensitivity” on the subject.

It stems from growing up and my Dad’s father calling him Stupid all of the time… I am so much like my Dad in many ways I always felt like if he is stupid then so am I…

gemini’s last blog post..Volume 3 of 100 things that you wanted to know about Gemini!

February 8, 2008 at 11:00 am

We all have things we are sensitive about. You aren’t stupid, you just may not always take the time to read what you write before posting it…I do that too. My brain is just going too fast for me.

You know what I am also sensitive about? People commenting on how messy they think my house is or the quality of my house like I’m beneath them 😀

9. gemini

February 8, 2008 at 2:16 pm

I don’t and have never thought that your house was beneath me… I love your house and I am jealous of the Yard… 🙂

The Cleaning I will try not to mention it again… And I will hold myself back from trying to wash dishes or anything when I am there… 🙂 unless you let me 😉

February 8, 2008 at 2:22 pm

Ok. It’s just really hard to keep the place clean when we are almost never home and we have so few places to put anything.

11. gemini

February 8, 2008 at 2:26 pm

I understand… 🙂

Hey when are you going to drop your dress back by?

I will be home all weekend… Not sure when you are leaving for your time away…

Let me know.. 🙂

February 8, 2008 at 2:28 pm

That’s a very good question, I’m not sure. I will let you know.