- At age 30 you can’t blame your stupidity on being in your twenties. At thirty you are supposed to have some marginal idea about what’s going on around you or at least be able to pretend like you do :twitchy:
- At age 30 you don’t just get breast exams you start getting mammograms, which as far as I can tell was created by some evil man as a torture device for the women who dumped him over the years. The Wonder Twins are very sensitive and didn’t like the original breast exams :robin:
- At age 30 it’s time to start really taking the whole 401k seriously because retirement will come up on you faster than turning 21 did.
- At age 30 you start thinking about taking care of wrinkles and stuff like that. I mean, it never really occurred to you before as anything that would really happen but now it’s something you can’t continue to avoid.
- At age 30 you realize you’ve only got a few solid years to make the final decision on children. On one hand the idea of having a little person might make you feel young again and remember what it was all about, on the other hand there are stretch marks and the loss of sanity.
- At age 30 it’s not ok anymore to lust after a 19 year old boy. Not that I am or anything, just if I did :unsure:
- At age 30 the new generation music will quickly become noise and you may actually speak the words “what are these kids listening to these days?”
- At age 30 you start needing more sleep but let’s face it, every year you need more sleep. Back in college you could survive off of 4 hours of sleep and now without a full 8 hours you nearly fall asleep at the wheel on the way to work :yawn:
- At age 30 you officially resign to having zero interest in going to clubs or bars or staying out really late. Unless, of course, it’s your own bachelorette party. Even then, it may be a little late.
- At age 30 you really appreciate being carded like never before and are really happy to be called “miss” instead of “ma’am.”
If you missed the announcement yesterday I am having a contest that is running until the 17th. I’m curious who wants to give it a try, so far we have one entry and a few people brainstorming.