TTMT: What Comforts Me
I keep meaning to do Janet’s TTMT but never do. Either I forget or the topic is one I can’t seem to come up with a good post for. Man, blogging can be tough sometimes.
I’m not sure if I was supposed to post this on Tuesday but fuck it, I’m posting it today. Hell, initially I thought yesterday was Wednesday :dunno:
Topic: What comforts you?
- Erik – I mean since I am spending the rest of my life with him I sure hope he’s comforting. I went through great pains to find a man who was comforting but also entertaining at the same time. He’s still in the training program but doing very well. He already makes me dinner, brings beer home for me, and offers to satisfy me almost every night.
- Coffee – It makes everyday just a little better. Weather it’s an ice coffee from DD, a hot coffee/cappuccino mixture from the cafe or a home brewed cup of java on the weekend it makes me all warm and fuzzy.
- Bagels – I still love them although they don’t love me. There is something about a warm fresh bagel with melting cream cheese as I drive to work in the morning.
- Chocolate – Something about chocolate just makes everything seem better even just for a little while. My favorite, if you want to know, is milk chocolate truffles. Mmmmmmm…
- Sitcoms – If I’m feeling down putting on an episode of Friends, Sex and the City, How I Met Your Mother or Scrubs just sends me to a happy place. I mean, that’s what they were created for…to make us laugh.
- My Furkids – Granted if I need them it doesn’t mean they want anything to do with me at that moment but just talking to them makes me feel better. I am positive they know what I’m saying they just don’t usually have an opinion to give.
- My Laptop – I love being on the computer and I’m on it about 18 hours a day probably, depending on the day. When I get to work I am on it and once I get home I’m on it. I’m pretty much on it until I go to bed. Not at every second but it’s usually on.
- Writing – Writing in general has always comforted me. Whenever I was going through a bad time I wrote poems, stories and just whatever was running through my head. I always felt a little better afterward.
- Hugs – I’m a big hugger and hug just about anyone. Erik and I hug everyday and I hug all my friends whenever I see them. I think I may love hugs more than I love kisses.
- Lists – Writing lists makes me feel better even though I usually forget them when I need them. I love writing lists on sticky notes and I also tend to put them in my planner. It makes me feel a sense of control in the world.
I realize you’ve heard all of this before but I wanted to give it a shot.