To Be Pretty

While watching Eddie Izzard standup last night (he likes to dress in drag) I wondered if more straight men wish they could put on high heals and makeup but worry what it would do to their manhood.

It’s no doubt that men have it easier in general. They can pee standing up, their clothes are about comfort not style and they don’t wear makeup. Obviously I’m talking about the non-sexually confused male.

While I sometimes envy how easy guys seem to have it I imagine it must be boring sometimes. I mean the clothes are always pretty much the same: pants or shorts. Going out for a fancy evening? Either a suit or just maybe a tux, that looks like every other guy’s outfit at the event.

As a man don’t you ever want to feel pretty? Don’t you wish you could put on a little lipstick or put on a sexy dress? Are you ever jealous of all the fun we have with clothes and all our accessories?

I know Erik is a little jealous but then I think we all know Erik isn’t the typical guy. So, fess up. Do you have a pretty girl inside dying to get out?

————-

I only have 3 people on my postcard list, how pathetic is that?  I’d like to be on anyone’s card list but I didn’t want to accept most of them until I knew I was doing one myself.

So if you want in just email me your address.  If I already have it then just comment  on this post that you want on the list.

December 18, 2007 at 8:50 am

Do you have mine? Have I asked that? I can’t remember…

I was totally going to go to Adam’s party in drag as a disco queen, providing that we could find those high heel shoes with the goldfish in them in men’s size 15, but I think 12 or 13 was the biggest we could find 🙁

2. themuttprincess

December 18, 2007 at 9:56 am

I always like to be pretty.

Do you have my address?

3. Angel

December 18, 2007 at 1:05 pm

I love to feel pretty. I can honestly say, however, that I do not envy men. I don’t think that I would ever want to be a man. I want to be on your list…I’ll have to email you my address.

December 18, 2007 at 2:12 pm

Fab – You never asked but I assumed. You definitely have what it takes to be a great woman.

TMP – Being pretty is fun sometimes.

Angel – The only thing I’m ever jealous about is how much easier they have it when it comes to clothing.

5. Angel

December 18, 2007 at 5:23 pm

You’re right about the clothes. Another thing that I have noticed that I would be envious of is the price of their clothes compared to ours. Look at the price of a plain t-shirt for a woman, and the look at the price of a plain t-shirt for a man. Or jeans. It’ll work with jeans too. They can spend as little as thirty bucks and end up with a nice pair of jeans, whereas anything that is labeled “Womens” or “Misses” is the price of mens jeans multiplied by at least three. I don’t mind paying for well made clothes, but I hate that a pair of mens jeans in the same brand is at least three times cheaper, just because it doesn’t have the “womens” or “misses” tag attached.

6. manda

December 19, 2007 at 12:18 am

I absolutely love Eddie Izzard!

7. Tara

December 19, 2007 at 12:25 am

I’d like a card. Send me your address and I’ll reply with mine.

🙂

December 19, 2007 at 8:39 am

Angel – It’s a conspiracy!

Mandy – He’s quite entertaining.

Tara – Got it!

9. Tara

December 20, 2007 at 2:23 am

Got it? Hmmm. Did I send it? Then how come I don’t have yours?

December 20, 2007 at 8:33 am

No, I meant I was going to email you but then I got busy. Sorry. I meant like “I’m on it” nevermind :dunce: