Top 5 Breakup Songs
When a breakup happens songs are necessary. That’s probably why there are so many songs written about breakup. I know heartbreak well so I believe I am someone with great knowledge on this topic. There are a lot of emotions that come with a breakup but mainly, at least for me, it’s usually sadness and anger.
These songs are probably at least 5 years old or more as it’s been like 7 or more years since I’ve had a breakup. Ahhh…that’s nice to say. I’m alright with never ever going through one again.
5. The Weakness In Me (Joan Armatrading) “Why do you come here, when you know Ive got troubles enough?/Why do you call me, when you know I cant answer the phone?/You make me lie when I do not want to,/And make someone else some kind of an unknowing fool?/You make me stay when I should not/Are you so strong, resolve the weakness in me.
4. Foolish Games (Jewel) “These foolish games are tearing me apart,/And your thoughtless words are breaking my heart.”
3. Total Eclipse of the Heart (Bonnie Tyler) “And I need you now tonight/And I need you more than ever/And if you only hold me tight/We’ll be holding on forever”
2. Don’t Speak (No Doubt) “Don’t speak/I know just what you’re saying/So please stop explaining/Don’t tell me cause it hurts”
1. You Oughta Know (Alanis Morissette) “And everytime you scratch your nails down someone else’s back I hope you feel it. Well can you feel it?!”
Ok, only one of these were particularly angry. I guess the angry/bitter songs really go on my angst songs list but You Oughta Know got me through a bunch of heartbreak.