I Can’t Be Trusted

Every single time I start reading a book I tell myself not to wikipedia it. Before 1/2 way through the book I always end up on Wikipedia to find out more information about it, not trying to find out the ending or anything, just interesting details.

I’m reading The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult and I just casually drifted over to Wikipedia. Then only a few lines in I read a huge spoiler. Will I ever learn? I’m too curious for my own good :banghead:

November 30, 2007 at 9:08 am

It would never occur to me to do that.

You’re a strange girl.

But undeniably compelling.

November 30, 2007 at 9:12 am

My mind works in mysterious ways, luckily more for good than for bad :twitchy:

3. Amanda

November 30, 2007 at 10:33 am

I would never have thought to go to wikipedia to look up a book I was currently reading.

I’ve read that one, its a good one. But most things by her are good.

4. themuttprincess

November 30, 2007 at 11:50 am

I have never done that. I check out authors and learn about them and then decide if I am gonna read anymore of their books, but I have never looked up a book before I finished it.

You are funny.

November 30, 2007 at 12:12 pm

Okay, that’s really, really bizarre.

November 30, 2007 at 12:20 pm

Amanda – I’m curious. I look it up not to see endings or spoilers but just out of curiosity if there is more to it than I know. Like sometimes it was based off of a true story or something or there is controversy regarding it. I’ve read several of her books already, all very good.

TMP – Well that’s why you guys visit me everyday.

Avi – I am bizarre, that’s why you like to read my blog I assume.

November 30, 2007 at 12:21 pm

Well, that and the boobs. :avi:

November 30, 2007 at 12:23 pm

And even The Wonder Twins haven’t visited here in a while :robin:

9. bluepaintred

November 30, 2007 at 2:11 pm

Never once have I thought of doing more than checking to see what book an author is coming out with next online.

Going online to see the ending? Now thats just weird!

November 30, 2007 at 5:36 pm

I wasn’t looking for the ending, I swear. I still have no idea how it ends or I don’t think I do. I know a big piece though unfortunately.

11. themuttprincess

November 30, 2007 at 5:37 pm

That is part of the reason.

Also, I needed someone to stalk and you haven’t ever bored me so you are perfect!!! That is why I come to your site 15 times during the day. I have this ultimate need to know what you and the Wonder Twins are doing at all times.

November 30, 2007 at 5:44 pm

I’m glad I entertain you so much. Right now I’m sitting on the sofa with a frozen pizza and a beer watching Dirty Sexy Money…just so you know. I’m pissed about a day full of crap but glad to be in pajamas.

13. Megan

November 30, 2007 at 7:26 pm

HA HA!!!

That is classic!!!!!

14. Angel

December 1, 2007 at 2:14 am

I think I’ve got you beat in this category. I get anxious, and flip to the back of the book and read the ending. Sometimes I read the ending first, and the beginning last. LOL I know, I’m strange.