This is a tough one. There is a difference to me of a performer and a singer. One person might be a better performer, more exciting but another one might simply have a better voice.
I’m sure a bunch of you would disagree, let me know what you think.
5. Jim Adkins (Jimmy Eat World) – The whole band is great but his voice is what brings you into the lyrics. He’s certainly unappreciated.
4. Maynard (Tool) – What can I say about him? He’s unreal, simply unreal.
3. Rivers Cuomo (Weezer) – His voice is pretty simple but has so much behind it. I love the usual tones that he brings out and his voice almost cracks sometimes.
2. Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) – He has a really fantastic voice, it can be very rough one minute and melodic the next minute. You can tell he really feels every word he sings and I love it when he screams
1. Tom Chaplin (Keane) – His voice just gives me chills, I’ve never heard a voice quite like it. It’s very powerful but soft at the same time. I think I actually swoon when I listen to him.